Assist with difficult achievements

Forum Forums Discussion Assist with difficult achievements

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Miqo helped me get some of those ridiculous achievements like gathering 20000 of HQ items, but I’m wondering if there’s any way to take it even further. There are achievements to meld 10K materias, convert 5K spiritbonded items, complete 5000 levequests and so on. Could Miqo be used for any of those? Basically, I’m looking for all the achievements that could be automated or at least made significantly easier.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

For materias you can use scenario engine heres a working example by @ignis: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/request-auto-meldremove/
    Spiritbonding can also be done with scenario. Gather mats > make a gathering/crafting set > spiritbond gathering with logs/ore > spiritbond crafting with lumber/metal. Just dont do it 24/7 in a single spot, choose a few locations and make several chapters for them.
    Levequests are more of a waiting achievement than doing something. At 6 allowances per day its 833 days (~2.5 years) for them to accumulate. Crafting leves are probably the best as you can simply prepare a bunch of potions and then dump your allowances every 2 weeks or so. With 999 stack coming in 4.2 you can make 2-3 stacks beforehand and then use a simple scenario to run back and forth on deliveries.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

I’ve made my own scenario for melding materia, it’s a bit more complicated, but it gets the job done. As for spiritbonding and leves, I didn’t yet look into it, but I suppose it should be pretty easy to set up.

The other thing I’ve been thinking of is Big Fishing. Is it possible to use Miqo for this? I’m not a fan of fishing, and the horror stories I hear about people spending days for the right combination of time, weather and luck don’t make it any better.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Dark Desire Dark Desire.

Krude
    Participant

Well even if you bot the big fishing, you’ll still have to wait days for the right time and weather and then get lucky.
    Though the FFXIV devs did a LOT to mitigate the luck factors lately, like Mooch 2 making specific double mooches at a rare weather in a 6 minute time span a lot more, well, possible. And i don’t think Miqobot can watch out for the predator buffs you need (catch a certain amount of specific fish first) to catch some particular big fish.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yea its amazing for Big Fishing. Krude take a look at scenario beta thread it has all the functions you need including predator buffs.

changeBait() – Equip new bait for fishing.
    changeGig() – Equip new gig for spearfishing.
    findFish() – Find fishing spot in given direction.
    setFishNoIntuitionBait() – Bait to equip when no Fisher’s Intuition.
    setFishNoIntuitionPreset() – Preset to select when no Fisher’s Intuition.
    setFishIntuitionBait() – Bait to equip when Fisher’s Intuition is active.
    setFishIntuitionPreset() – Preset to select when Fisher’s Intuition is active.
    addFishMoochPreset() – Preset to select when moochable fish is hooked.
    addFishMoochBlacklist() – Prevent mooching specified fish.

Ive been having a blast filling my fishing log so much fun with Miqo.

First you find the necessary time, weather, and conditions on ff14angler. (Yes i know they have stupid adblock policy. I just open it in chrome incognito mode which has all extensions disabled)
    Say youre after this guy: http://ff14angler.com/fish/304
    Second you use this simple script to find the next opportunity window: http://super-aardvark.github.io/weather/
    And third you prepare fishing presets and make a scenario beforehand. If the window happens to be at night – whatever just write the first chapter:
    afkUntil(2018/02/01 02:33:00)
    And it will launch itself at exact moment in the future. Then you wake up in the morning and check your inventory for a sweet surprise.

Yea sometimes you have to wait days for the next fishing window. And sometimes fish gets away even if you do everything right. But with Miqo it doesnt really matter, just change afkUntil() timer and prepare for the next session.

Sugar Daddy
    Sugar Daddy
    Participant

afkUntil(2018/02/01 02:33:00)
    And it will launch itself at exact moment in the future.

Quick question, because I couldn’t find the answer somewhere else in the forum.
    An afkUntil() statement like the quoted one results in an “Unrecognized time argument” error. What would be the correct syntax to specify a local time or server time?

Thanks!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Try this: afkUntil(2018-02-01 02:33:00)
    Its been a while i could have messed up the syntax.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.