Asking the community: Thoughts on Open World Combat and User Protection

Forum Forums Discussion Asking the community: Thoughts on Open World Combat and User Protection

This topic contains 59 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Obsidian
    Obsidian
    Participant
    1+

My thoughts are pretty simple…
    I have no need for a MSQ bot nor any of the others frankly.

The items I care most about (in order) are…

• Crafting
    • Scenario creation
    • Gathering/Fishing/Spearfishing
    • Combat Assistance
    • Tracking Fate spawns & location overlay
    • Chocobo racing

The other items mentioned in this post I don’t have the need nor interest in. As another put it, FFXIV at its core is a story driven game. Take that away then it truly IS soulless.

I don’t treat Miqo as a “bot” but more as an assistant, and I never ask anything of it that I’m not willing to do manually myself.

What’s more even if you were to implement a means of limiting the number of instances on a given box there’s ways around that either with physical or virtual machines and potentially even a containerized instance. It’s a bad road to go down IMHO.

neosate
    Participant
    2+

I think that the assist system is more than enough. Open world combat would be pushing it, and there are already a few bots out that for that.

Then again I mainly use the combat assist function to compensate for nerve damage in my arms.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I really do not understand the need for MSQ support!!

Miqo is a bot for people who loves FF14.

Nah… it’s a bot for everyone who assumes that its cost is worth its abilities. I can’t say that I love the game itself or especially this errand-boy-sim called “MSQ”, but I’ve used the bot nonetheless. After all, even if you hate questing (or just your time worth more than questing done by someone else), you can always buy a jump potion or buy a whole account – so generally you are right, there is a little need to do it with bot.

Oh, and I see people started to post their wish lists, so lemme show mine:

1) Autologin / linkdrop support!!! Even better if it has proxy check / IP limitation.
    2) Auto restart after death / auto choose chapter depending on ET.
    3) Vendor support (scrips vendors included).
    4) Other QoL stuff like possibility to choose rotation depending on node bonuses, to choose ability depending on current rarity, cordials fix in case of gather(1), etc.
    5) (low priority) Mobs grinding.
    6) (low priority) FATE/gemstone farming.

The rest is fine, to me. Or even more than fine. Geez, I love waypoints! After spending dozens and dozens of hours fixing terrain mesh stucks and weird routes you start to simply LOVE WAYPOINTS %) and miss them a lot…

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant
    1+

Trusts – Yes
    MSQ – No
    FATEs – No
    Materials – Yes (1 instance)
    Eureka – Yes (1 instance)
    PvP – No

User is Banned – Make them accept this in the Catnip ToS/EULA

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant
    1+

Some might disagree with what I say but I prefer quality over quantity. I stopped using miqo for some time due to getting everything on it before switching to a different bot BUT I can say this: [What “I” think is necassary]

1) Miqobot is currently the safest and most efficient bot in the market
    2) It might be missing somethings but it is also the only bot that barely has bugs
    3) Trust is a priority
    4) No fate grinds, it is literally the fastest way to get banned (Sadly, it is the current fastest way to get banned)
    5) Combat rotations (Very important and comes before anything else)
    6) Questing is good but we also need it to be optimized (No release without it being fully functional)
    7) Stuck option (Options which allows the bot to stop completely incase of getting stuck for X period of time)
    8) Navigation mesh system (This can help out with future updates and saves time on your end with a single button which will use RAM or GPU to re-navigate or navigate areas which can produce a path that can be used in scenarios or dungeons yet can be edited by users)
    9) Discord Implementation (the bot can send messages to discord such as chat log, current status of bot in game and etc)
    10) Treasure Hunt (it explains itself)

(Gz to arc on getting promoted from pleb to nobel)

neoseeker
    Participant

For me?
    1. Crafting solver. This is kinda main selling point of Miquo right now. Nobody haven done it and there won’t be a second one for a whole.
    2. Combat Assist.
    3. Trust
    4. Navigate assist. One important part is mob detection so the bot know to steer clear away from em when mounting. Although it might doesn’t matter in 5.1 as you can stealth on mount then.
    5. Combat assist raid mode. Ie cooldown planner, skill planner, reaction to mechs…

Shines
    Shines
    Participant

Wow, a lot of good feedback here so far. Despite being quiet, I’m a big fan of the bot, and would love to see these features released. I’d much prefer option 2 to option 3 though, for the sake of safety and keeping the miqo more out of the spotlight. I’m not hugely invested in the MSQ, but it’d be nice (Though perhaps with some warning and disclaimer?) The rest such as materials and fates, I’d clearly love to see. Mostly I’m interested in using it for combat assist while caring for a young one in the household, as well as squadrons (and hopefully trusts) to get my various jobs up. My crafters are a big issue as well, and the crafting solver has been what allowed me to actually get into that scene.

TLDR: MSQ I could care less about, but some of these other features I’d like to see. Option 2 would be my preference. But I can definitely understand wanting to be safe. I think option 1 would be preferable to 3 to simply keep the bot itself safer.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Safest – definitely. Most efficient? Well, when you live in a poor country, your ISP is bunch of lazyarses (well, much like almost everyone else in the country), you get disconnects several times a day – it just can’t be efficient, because you have to sleep sometimes. You sleep + Miqo runs + link down = efficiency is zero.

8) Navigation mesh system (This can help out with future updates and saves time on your end with a single button which will use RAM or GPU to re-navigate or navigate areas which can produce a path that can be used in scenarios or dungeons yet can be edited by users)

NO WAY!!! Mesh system is utter bullshit, unless you’ve got high-end comp which you use just for a single instance of the game + bot! Either you make really small floor meshes and air cubes (which means crapload of mem used and intense CPU load to find the shortest way every time), or your pathfinder lands you far away from node, your air way is a wierd polyline, and generally everyone around understands that you move like a bot you are. No, thanks!

JinziYun
    Participant
    1+

In general the players who want the features mentioned will go towards other bots. There are two in particular that have excellent MSQ support and are overall cheaper than Miqo for multiboxing once you purchase the respective addons. I feel like it would be few and far between to see players actually going out of their way to use the features for multiboxing. That being my opinion I see no issue with making it one instance per license. This way if someone wants to multibox they have to purchase an additional licenses, generating more income for Miqo and also dissuading people from running 20 instances or something crazy like that at once.

dropbear77
    Participant

Second Option sounds reasonable

Nomenak
    Nomenak
    Participant

I appreciate the MiqoBots Teams work in all areas. People disabled like myself are unable to keep up with all the button pushing and remembering rotations as we once could when we where young and our brains and fingers worked as fast as lightning.

With that being said:

Keep what you guys have now and improve on it:
    1. Updated Skills and Rotations Combat/Crafting/Gathering to level caps.
    2. Work on one more Squad Instance to get people to 70-71 a bit faster (optional)
    3. Work on The Trust System – this will just piggy back on the Squad System
    4. Make MiqoBot run 1 account instance per machine – DO your best to stop Multi-Box Armies.

Thoughts on the issues listed:
    NO – Automated Main Scenario Quest execution: Will turn into thousands of reported accounts and bot Armies.
    NO – Automated Quest execution: Will turn into thousands of reported accounts and bot Armies.
    NO – FATE grind: Will turn into thousands of reported accounts and bot Armies.
    YES – Materials Hunting: Already in place / Do not run “One Click in Go” because everyone will be on the same paths and it will be obvious that the person(s) are botting. The only thing that keeps most people from being reported is they are tweaking and/or making their own navigation maps.
    No – Eureka Support: Will turn into thousands of reported accounts

Just my thoughts been gaming since 1997 and I’ve seen all kinds of bots in games. This bot is great and 99.9% undetectable and/or provable that you where using one.

Totally agree with you.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Nomenak Nomenak.

iifetap
    Participant
    1+

MSQ – No
    FATEs – No
    Open World/PvP Combat – No
    Materials Hunting – Yes
    Eureka Support – Don’t care
    Refunds for bans – No, you know what you are risking by using any kind of bot, no matter how safe it is.

Those aside, here is my personal priority list of what I would like to see.

Combat Assist improvements for L80 rotations, I’ve cleared e2s using the combat assist, and the parses are not pretty. I would also like to see raid buffs removed from the auto-rotations, there is no reason I should be using a short raid buff on the add phase of e1s.

Crafting solver updates – I would really like to see the auto-solver updated to use the new abilities so we can make HQ facet gear. The Balance usually have rotations out really quickly for new crafts, I can’t see why Miqobot can’t be just as quick or quicker.

Gathering overhall – I would really like to be able to put in a recipe, or a list of recipes, into Miqobot and then have it go out and gather everything that it can and then craft those items

NPC Vendor support – I’ve seen recently people asking how/if they can use Miqobot to buy stuff from vendors after running script/collectable scenarios. deliverGC and deliverCollectables work great, I would like to see that expanded to buying things as well.

I’m sorry the developers sunk three years into working on the MSQ support, but I really think it should just be dropped, sunken cost fallacy and all that.

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

Safest – definitely. Most efficient? Well, when you live in a poor country, your ISP is bunch of lazyarses (well, much like almost everyone else in the country), you get disconnects several times a day – it just can’t be efficient, because you have to sleep sometimes. You sleep + Miqo runs + link down = efficiency is zero.

NO WAY!!! Mesh system is utter bullshit, unless you’ve got high-end comp which you use just for a single instance of the game + bot! Either you make really small floor meshes and air cubes (which means crapload of mem used and intense CPU load to find the shortest way every time), or your pathfinder lands you far away from node, your air way is a wierd polyline, and generally everyone around understands that you move like a bot you are. No, thanks!

Not sure about getting disconnected much but It runs too well for me. As for Navigation mesh, I mentioned that it could be edited by the user at any time which means that less effort on your end when making it and it “scans” the area for a short time before it creates a path (The game will lag for a few seconds or even freeze if the pc sucks).

What kind of benefits comes with the navigation mesh? Dungeons, mob grind, fate grind and etc…
    Who benefits from it the most? Casual players
    How safe is it? Very safe as most paths created will be unique to a user unless they share it.

As for how the scan works, this will be through miqobot program which solves the issue of lag on the game^1

The path system can be optimized as the grinding paths and optimized to suit all types of location such as:
    1) Dungeon Scan (Straight lines, no complication| Only issue might be with heavy mechanic dungeons)
    2) Open World Scan (Higher CPU/GPU usage| Takes too long)
    3) Questing Scan (Players can create profiles which can be used to quest| Might be a pain to make this one)

cdtrico
    Participant

I don’t really care about MSQ, I do the story on my own, I use Miqoonly for grinding semi-afk the Trust feature would be greatly welcomed, I would not automate anything that can spawn loads of bots running around multiboxing, to keep the community and the Miqo safe.

econ1001
    Participant

Open world is high risk low reward, fully automated DoW is a vain hope that you’d run out of cruise control before you run out of road

MSQ – If you are willing to pay for a bot subscription to slowly grind out MSQ over a month instead of buying a skip, you are a moron

Automated Quest – May be handy in specific settings such as chain quests to unlock beast tribes or Scholastics

FATE – While might be useful for relic grind, but then you’re either in party or you’re that one non verbal asperger’s player that gets many reports, perhaps more beneficial to expand combat assist to “target new mob until no longer in combat”

Material Hunt – see above, except at least you can teleport to different areas with scenario, but then if you have to make so many grids for so many areas are you really getting much gil per hour

Eureka – see FATE

Refunds – Shouldn’t even be discussed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Asking the community: Thoughts on Open World Combat and User Protection’ is closed to new replies.