Anyone else's framerate drops with miqo?

Forum Forums Discussion Anyone else's framerate drops with miqo?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sleeping101
    Participant

With the newest version, having miqo open reduces my frame rate from 72 to 30. I didn’t have this problem with previous versions ever.

-I limit my frame rate to 1/2 my monitor’s refresh rate
    -Turning off the limit or lowering my graphics settings does not resolve the frame rate drop, it just drops from 120 down to 40 instead
    -Miqo does not have to do anything, just having miqo on immediately drops my frame rate
    -Closing miqo immediately resolves the frame rate drop, no other 3rd party programs open (e.g. ACT)

just_a_poor_boy
    Participant

I’ve noticed some strange behavior when using any Miqobot overlay. Try disabling the radar, waypoint, and other overlays completely and see if that changes anything.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

I am not experiencing any problems with miqo. Using 1/1 Refresh-Rate (60 fps). By any chance do you maybe have the “limit when in background” option checked? This would of course limit your framerate, when you open and focus another window (like miqobot).

sleeping101
    Participant

I don’t have any of the overlay options enabled (the stuff that shows you waypoints/gatherpoints). I don’t use radar. Nothing on my screen shows any part of miqo at all. Limit background isn’t enabled outside of the 72 fps limit I have, nothing else should limit framerate. Currently can’t go above 30-35 fps while miqo is open.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Here is the list of settings that must be disabled in order to deactivate 3D Radar overlay completely:

1. 3D Radar tab -> Show -> Nothing.
    2. 3D Radar tab -> Show FATEs -> List / World.
    3. 3D Radar tab -> Show Gathering -> Out of reach.
    4. Navigation tab -> Show on radar.
    5. Gold Saucer tab -> Racing -> Show -> Rails / Mid-rail / Progress / Waypoints.
    6. Combat tab -> 3D Radar -> Show arena.
    7. Combat tab -> Assist -> Pause -> Show pause status.

You can verify that 3D Radar is deactivated by looking at the top left corner of the game.

• If you see a transparent box, it means 3D Radar application is rendering the overlay window.
    • If the top left corner is empty, it means 3D Radar application is deactivated.

sleeping101
    Participant

The show gathering out of reach was enabled for me. After disabling, my framerate shot way back up to where it normally is. It’s just strange because I never had this problem with previous versions even when I had to use the 3D Radar overlay for things. Either way, thanks a ton Miqobot for the help and everyone else too.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  sleeping101.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We received similar reports from other users in the past and they informed us that the problem had been resolved automatically after a certain period of time.
    Here is another thread with a similar issue: FPS lag

Unfortunately we haven’t been able to reproduce it, therefore we don’t have a guaranteed solution.
    We would recommend to restart your PC and try disabling antivirus and any other applications that may interefere with 3D Radar performance.

If you manage to discover the cause of this issue, please let us know.

Arktos
    Participant

Thanks for showing how to completely disable the radar. Hopefully that helps. I have also been seeing this issue. But it’s very random, and only happens every once in a while. My FPS would dip from 70+ in a crowded limsa to 30. But only has happened a few times. And leaving the area fixes it.

Xion
    Participant

No issues here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.