Another Heckin' Flow Question: If Statements for Gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Another Heckin' Flow Question: If Statements for Gathering

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mt 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mt
    Participant

Hi! I’ve been using Miqobot for a little bit and I was pleasant surprised at how flexible it is. This being said, I had a couple of questions that I’ve combed through the Help and Forums for and can’t seem to quite find my answer.

1) A couple of times now there have been questions about whether Miqobot can do if-else or if-then-else, etc, loops, but in most of those, the context allowed the OP to just make a workaround. One thing I’m having trouble with is that if a rotation is selected while gathering, Miqobot will always pop that if she has the full GP requirement before gathering anything at that node. Even if you use search by name, and then set a slot as backup in case it isn’t there so that Miqobot won’t stall on the empty slot, because the “backup” item is available, the rotation will pop.

The 2 cases I am concerned with are the following:
    Case 1: with just search by name enabled:
    find node > pop rotation > hidden item not there > stalls on empty node

Case 2: search by name enabled, as well as some slot number n as a “backup”
    find node > pop rotation > hidden item not there > gathers from slot n

In both cases, the GP is wasted because the hidden item is not there. In Case 2 it will at least continue to run, but then you might not have enough GP when the hidden is actually at the node. Wat do? Is there just something really obvious that I’m missing here?

2) Is there any sort of code documentation or script library that shows all of the functions and their arguments that the Scenario scripting will take? It’s a little annoying having to comb through, say, all of Lyfox’s posts to see what is and isn’t included in the engine. solved

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  mt.

mt
    Participant

I’m an idiot! I just found the function list for scenarios. Ignore question 2.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  mt.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

For #1 use gather by name with {}.
    An example from the guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-gathering/#gather-by-name

{mythrite ore}
    mythrite ore
    crystal

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

For #1 use gather by name with {}.
    An example from the guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-gathering/#gather-by-name

{mythrite ore}
    mythrite ore
    crystal

In a little more detail to avoid confusion: an item with braces ({}) around it in the gather-by-name list tells Miqo “if this item exists, use the rotation when gathering it” but also implicitly tells her not to use the rotation for anything that doesn’t have braces around it. Furthermore, Miqo will only gather a braced item if she can use the rotation; if she doesn’t have the GP for it, she’ll skip it. That’s why Lyfox’s example has mythrite ore listed twice, once with braces and once without. If the second one (without braces) was left off, Miqo would only harvest mythrite ore when she had the GP to use the rotation and would ignore it otherwise, even when it was there.

I’m not actually sure if that feature is documented anywhere, but it can be useful for cases where you only want HQ of some item, for example. Like the prototype gatherer tools that you get in Foundation that you have to upgrade through quests.

mt
    Participant

Perfect, thank you two! This clears up a lot. I’m guessing is that using something like brackets instead of a flow statement makes it a lot easier for parsing, given that you only have to check for {} characters instead of dealing with line breaks and spaces, which makes a lot of sense.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  mt.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.