An introduction of a co-founder

Forum Forums Discussion An introduction of a co-founder

This topic contains 24 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Ai Ai 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    5+

Hey Ai pleased to make your acquaintance. Ive seen you for a while now and its a pleasant surprise that youre actually a co-founder. Also its nice to know that youre not alone out there. Its important to have someone to lean on in these hard times and its great that you have each other.

Soulkin
    Soulkin
    Participant
    2+

Thank you Miqobot Team for all your hard work! And thank you too Lyfox you seem to be pretty reliable across the forums with all your grids and replies

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    1+

But are you real? Or just an ‘Ai’. Who is to say an Ai isn’t real? Does it dream of electric sheep?

XD

Hi.

nyancat
    Participant
    2+

Ai also means love in many Asian languages. :p
    <3

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    1+

Speaking of positives of Miqobot, it’s really helped me with my arthritic and immunno-inflammation issues. Combat assist is an absolute boon when I can only really use one hand to play. For now though, it’s gonna be a slow played game til things settle down.

I am sorry to hear about your health.

I hope that now since the bot is working again you can enjoy game a bit more again^^

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    3+

Hello Ai, nice to meet you! 🙂 I hope you and the team are doing okay (well, as ‘okay’ as possible given the terrible situation).
    In the other thread it was stated that the team only enjoys around 10% of the development work. I’m curious what the other 90% is that the team does not enjoy. (Or perhaps it would be shorter/easier to list the enjoyable things :)) Is that something you have knowledge of?

Thank you for your support and for this quite interesting question!

I will try to answer both parts.

Will start from not enjoyable parts:

First thing that comes to mind is fixing the bot when it breaks after every game update. It is very monotonous and boring work. Imagine like if you had a vase that shatters into many pieces every month, sometimes every few weeks. And you have to glue it up again and again, and it breaks into different pieces, so you can’t just remember the order in which these pieces need to be put together. Sometimes it’s 100 pieces and sometimes it’s 1000.

Next one is to make quality of life features. Since it’s not to make something new but just small improvements that take a lot of time to develop but don’t have a lot of impact in the end.

To work on UI is also not a fun task. It takes a lot of time and we also are very restricted in what can be done with it, so this makes working with it even harder. It takes a lot of steps, such as design part, programming part and attaching new features.

To remake features which have been done before already but got broken because of some new changes in game. So instead of working on something new and important we need to fix old content.

To do optimization of the code, to make it work faster and be less laggy. Or optimization of the rotations, when lots of work makes it better for 1% only.

Testing absolutely everything. There are some interesting parts as well, but you can’t choose what you want to test and what not. If you need to test every dungeon with every job separately then you have to do it.

There are also parts like server management or dealing with fraud which slows down development process a lot.

Of course there are some more of such things but it would be way too long to describe them all.

As for the enjoyable work:

It is definitely would be making new rotations for battle jobs and trying them out. It is also a long but interesting process. You add one skill at a time, writing all the conditions for it, in what situations it has to be used, on how many mobs/people, etc. Checking how it works and if all is fine you add next one. And you need to put them in an order of priorities, so that they would be used in a right order. It is a simplified way to describe it, in reallity there are much more additional things to it, but again it would be way too long to describe all.

Next one is making new dungeons. My favourite part is actually to make navigation meshes for these dungeons. Especially since they added explorer’s mode now and you don’t need to kill all the mobs and bosses again every time when the dungeon timer runs out. It could happen because these meshes are not small lines like in gathering but they have to cover every small corner of the dungeon and there are a lot of roads and connections in them. And as well you need to add conditions to the small arenas where you need to fight mobs, open chests or don’t run into an obstacle, etc. But this part is fun for me like I said. We also enjoy making boss mechanics.

I would also like to mention new features such as spearfishing, for example. We are very excited to work on it when the time finally comes.

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    3+

Hey Ai pleased to make your acquaintance. Ive seen you for a while now and its a pleasant surprise that youre actually a co-founder. Also its nice to know that youre not alone out there. Its important to have someone to lean on in these hard times and its great that you have each other.

You are right^^ And thank you!

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you Miqobot Team for all your hard work! And thank you too Lyfox you seem to be pretty reliable across the forums with all your grids and replies

Thank you for appreciating our work!

But are you real? Or just an ‘Ai’. Who is to say an Ai isn’t real? Does it dream of electric sheep?

XD

Hi.

This will stay a mystery ^^

Ai also means love in many Asian languages. :p
    <3

You are right. I took it from Japanese^^

Arc
    Arc
    3+

Also a pleasant hello from me 🙂

It’s nice to hear from you as well, since I’ve been only in direct contact with Miqobot.
    Feels a little less lonely on the forum just with Miqobot, and good to see who’s also working on the good deed 😀
    I’ve also been using some of your grids. They’re really nice.

Pulls up the janitor hat o7

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    2+

Also a pleasant hello from me 🙂

It’s nice to hear from you as well, since I’ve been only in direct contact with Miqobot.
    Feels a little less lonely on the forum just with Miqobot, and good to see who’s also working on the good deed 😀
    I’ve also been using some of your grids. They’re really nice.

Pulls up the janitor hat o7

Thank you for helping us and keeping an eye on the forum! We appreciate what you are doing very much 😉
    Btw, I enjoy communicating with people, so if you say that forum feels less lonely now it makes me happy to hear such thing ^^

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.