Allocate more resources to the crafting solver?

Forum Forums Discussion Allocate more resources to the crafting solver?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mmoguy123
    Participant

The crafting solver is beautiful. I love it so much. I have absolutely no problem waiting for it to solve and I have the ram to spare. But I was wondering if there is a way/plans to allow miqo to eat more of my cpu? I have a decent processor (i7-8700k) and I was looking at my resource monitor and saw that even with the solver running I stay around 25% maybe scratching 30%. Now it’s probably way more complex then I understand so I apologize if this seems dumb, I am just curious.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Nope!

Shouldn’t ever take more than 30s or so for a solution, if it’s taking longer than you are using settings you probably don’t need

Xeronage
    Participant

It is probably only using a single core and single thread, probably because the algorithm is not easily made to run parallel due to data dependencies.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

From Miqo’s post https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/beta-scenario-scripting-engine/page/7/#post-9921

Using additional threads would imply parallel processing, while Crafting Solver is a strictly sequential algorithm.
    Solver states are sorted in a strictly determined order, and each subsequent state depends on previous calculations. Parallel processing would only make things worse and slow the algorithm down 100-200 times.

We are very sorry to disappoint, but the Crafting Solver algorithm is already optimized as much as possible.
    Because of this optimization, its performance is equivalent to 100-200 threads of a parallel algorithm.

mmoguy123
    Participant

Ah, I see. Thanks for the replies!

Nope!

Shouldn’t ever take more than 30s or so for a solution, if it’s taking longer than you are using settings you probably don’t need

In response to this, I think it was just when I was ticking everything on and saw like a 1-hour estimation lol. But you’re right I definitely did not need it. And for me, I think my longest actual solve time was like 130 seconds so it’s definitely bearable.

Still, love the bot! Thanks for the replies again. 🙂

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

It would be really helpful if Miqo could save some of the already solved crafts.
    When you’re a new crafter and your gear isn’t the highest but you still want the best outcome, you have to use what you got.
    It becomes really difficult and waiting a few minutes for every solve is slightly annoying.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

If youa re waiting minutes you are doing it wrong. Adjust your settings lower. Really, recommended preset is basically set for everything.

Arc
    Arc

Well, I usually wait 3 minutes, but only when I’m crafting like highest iLvl crafts with only HQ mats. Then I tick on Ingen, Manipulation and 4:1, so it definitely doesn’t fail.

When I’m bulk crafting some crap like Infusions, I only wait like 30ish seconds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.