Advanced Fishing

Forum Forums Discussion Advanced Fishing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

I know that the Miqobot team is working hard on the next updates for gathering, so I figure I’d toss this out there.

I would like to see an “advanced” fishing section. What I mean is that you can more fine tune when certain abilities are used, especially big GP users like Double Hook.

For instance in Diadem, on the island we fish during Umbral Sandstorm, the fish that provide the most points (gobbie mask, 1,580 points) has a cast time of 28 seconds, which would be considerably more useful to double hook than a cloud cutter (2 points), which has a 12-16 cast time. Some fish though may be in the range of the time yet can’t be double hooked (the weather fish has nearly the same time as gobbie mask, but can’t be double hooked), but sometimes can be distinguished via the bite strength (weather fish are the only !!! fish, for instance).

For some people having this type of precision isn’t that big of a deal and the general “just use it when I have enough GP” is good enough, but for those working towards the 500,000 points in Diadem, or towards the 300 artisanal fish achievement, this would be extremely useful.

Times would also be impacted by chum, so that has to be taken into account too, since that should reduce bite times.

Just tossing this idea out there. I’m hoping you can understand what I’m going with and can make it work in future versions of Miqobot.

Thanks team.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

For the Gobbiemask, it would suffice if you just used the currently available tools. Just switch between presets based on mooch. Ignore medium tugs with the preset for mooching, as there are no other small tugs it will always DH the mask and nothing else. Gobbiemask is never caught directly, not even during the weather, and is only from mooching. For the specific situation, you already have the tools you need.
    Here is a basic scenario, but you will need to change the name of the fish if your game isn’t in English, because the diadem fishes aren’t supported by Miqo yet. It just matches the text, but that fails if the language setting is different.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, this feature has already been requested, along with other improvements: Fishing wishlist

We haven’t discovered a reliable way to implement a cast time detector, due to the existence of Chum and several other factors. But at the very least, you will be able to limit Double Hook usage on specific tugs.

Thank you for your request!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.