A question about Shadowbringers patch and Miqo subscription.

Forum Forums Discussion A question about Shadowbringers patch and Miqo subscription.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  zgo63925 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

talosss
    Participant

Hi, I’m not that active in forums but I use Miqo whenever I return to FF14 and I would like to renew my subscription. My questions are,

How much downtime should we expect when Shadowbringers hit?
    If downtime takes few days or more, do we get compensated with extra days to our account?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Miqo devs dont know yet. It depends on changes in the game client which wont be released until 28th. My guess is 1-2 weeks. Yep they always compensate the downtime.

talosss
    Participant

I see, I’m also thinking it may take that much but I didnt know anything about compensation. thanks for help Lyfox. =)

zgo63925
    Participant
    3+

Straight from the Support Team:

“When Miqobot is broken due to expansion arrival, all active license codes are frozen and then automatically extended to compensate for the downtime.
    The bonus time time is applied after we fix Miqobot, and it covers the game maintenance and Miqobot maintenance both.

We expect at least one week of complete Miqobot downtime after the release of Shadowbringers. This subscription time will not be lost.
    After that, it will take 3-6 months to upgrade Miqobot for level 80 content. The subscription time when Miqobot is working but does not support level 80 content is not compensated.
    Please consider this information before making decision to renew.”

This is extremely fair and quite low expected downtimes.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

i hoped it will be down for just 3-5 days but thats life .p

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

Consider that they have to reimplement EVERYTHING. New rotations for every class, diffrent procs, new skills, new memory offsets, etc.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

Consider that they have to reimplement EVERYTHING. New rotations for every class, diffrent procs, new skills, new memory offsets, etc.

Most of it falls under the 3-6 month

Arc
    Arc

new memory offsets

This is what actually takes the first week. Crafting solver will work after that as well, because even if SE removed certain crafting skills, Miqo wouldn’t try to use them anyway, since they wouldn’t be on your hotbar anyway (or at least you should remove them). New skills fall under the 3-6 months stuff though.

zgo63925
    Participant

This is what actually takes the first week.

Coming from a cheating community where I helped as a sidedev simply updating offsets takes minutes, sometimes hours, not more. So they surely are fixing base stuff aswell.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yep they update a lot more than offsets. But it doesnt include new rotations or new skills.
    Explanation from devs from another thread two years ago: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/suggestion-for-miqobots-devs/

Indeed, your idea is very good and it makes perfect sense to create a script to rebuild pointer tables.
    In fact, this is how the upgrade process looked like about a year ago, when Miqobot had less features available and relied mostly on pointer tables.

As of today, pointers make up about 10% of the data required. There is a lot more to be upgraded:

• Memory structures.
    • Icons recognition database.
    • Game assets recognition database.
    • Keybind mappings.
    • Navigation math.
    • Crafting math.
    • UI layout analysis.

A general disassembler tool is not capable of performing this kind of work automatically.
    And while of course we extensively use the one you mentioned, our main toolset is of our own creation. We constantly improve it with every new patch and each time it becomes faster and more helpful.

But since Miqobot is in active development, each new feature adds another layer to the work pool. Creating a fully automated toolkit would require a complete feature freeze.
    Considering the intensity of incoming feature requests, we do not expect a feature freeze anytime soon.

We appreciate your interest in the development process šŸ™‚
    Thank you very much!

zgo63925
    Participant

So what I said was spot on, I did not imply that they will add ShB abilities in the initial downtime but reworked old abilities, leading to new rotations (math). Basically in the initial downtime they will get the miqo post patch, working right it is now, for everyone who maybe didnt even purchase ShB or wants to continue grinding levlel 70 stuff

k007
    k007
    Participant

As long as the craft solver and gatherer is working a few days after release I’m gucci.

zgo63925
    Participant

As long as the craft solver and gatherer is working a few days after release Iā€™m gucci.

They should work within a week, crafting solver up to level 70 (eg what we have currently) and gathering (unless they add new mechanics) fully.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.