Suggestion for Miqobot's devs

Forum Forums Discussion Suggestion for Miqobot's devs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TNC
    TNC
    Participant

Since Stormblood is right around the corner, i thought id share an idea with you. Updating any kind of program that runs off of another program’s data is super tedious and time consuming when done manually, as i’m sure you know and anyone else that’s tried to make a bot or hack for an online mmo. My suggestion is a way to make things faster and more convenient on your end!

Finding arrays and data tables full of pointers takes time, but what if a program did it for you? I’m not sure how familiar you are with IDA Pro, but it has python scripting and plugin functionality (with a large database of scripts and plugins to choose from). With those, you could make a script or plugin to say, search for an array of bytes to grab an address, or possibly follow a base pointer with a specific offset from the main exe and go through the pointer chain leading to a useful table.

You could have IDA run such a script and dump all of the addresses and offsets and pointers you might need into a text file. At that point all you guys would have to do is parse the list and make the changes to Miqobot. It would take maybe 5 minutes.

Setting it up to be 100% update-proof would require a couple revisions, but anything is possible with enough wildcards, and i think the end result would almost definitely be worth the effort put into it. What do you think?

Weise
    Weise
    Participant

Im worried what squareE will make some steps for antiboting in 4.0…..

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Indeed, your idea is very good and it makes perfect sense to create a script to rebuild pointer tables.
    In fact, this is how the upgrade process looked like about a year ago, when Miqobot had less features available and relied mostly on pointer tables.

As of today, pointers make up about 10% of the data required. There is a lot more to be upgraded:

• Memory structures.
    • Icons recognition database.
    • Game assets recognition database.
    • Keybind mappings.
    • Navigation math.
    • Crafting math.
    • UI layout analysis.

A general disassembler tool is not capable of performing this kind of work automatically.
    And while of course we extensively use the one you mentioned, our main toolset is of our own creation. We constantly improve it with every new patch and each time it becomes faster and more helpful.

But since Miqobot is in active development, each new feature adds another layer to the work pool. Creating a fully automated toolkit would require a complete feature freeze.
    Considering the intensity of incoming feature requests, we do not expect a feature freeze anytime soon.

We appreciate your interest in the development process 🙂
    Thank you very much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.