A little early, but might be worth talking about the next expansion and miqo

Forum Forums Discussion A little early, but might be worth talking about the next expansion and miqo

This topic contains 19 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Candy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

mikoto
    Participant
    1+

So given the way releases have worked for miqo so far and how some of the more “essential” features came so late or still not implemented i believe it might be a good idea to come up with a “priority list” for features the community would be most interested in (of course if the miqo dev team takes it into consideration thats upto them)

So, my idea in order of desirability would be,

1. Crafting and gathering – Lets be honest, its a bot and this right here is what most people use the bot for.

2. all job support with skills – given were nearly at the end of shadowbringers now and we still dont actually have full support for all classes at level 80, i believe this should absolutely be a focus. aside from the help towards leveling and semi afk farming dungeons/primals with assist mode it will also be good for point #3.

3. Automated leveling/tomestone farming support such as trusts/squadrons – Now that we have Heroes Gauntlet support, people can use that for leveling to 81 after which the 81 dungeon (and maybe 85 dungeon) would be great to add for leveling. After leveling dungeons it would be ideal for a level 90 dungeon for tomestone farming (then add 6.2 patch dungeon and 6.4 patch dungeon for the higher tomestone reward and ilvl limit) im honestly quite shocked it took nearly all of shadowbringers for us to get tomestone farming and i think most would agree it would be better to have this earlier in an expansion.

4. Automated scrips purchase – we have a way to deliver collectables currently, but maybe a way to purchase items like the search recipe function for crafting, type in an item name in scenerio and after each delivery miqo will then spend all the scrips buying as many of that item as possible.

5. Cleaner UI – The UI for the bot currently is rather… messy and outdated. some of the default grids ect dont even work anymore so would probably be a good idea to remove these, the ability to make the program window bigger would also be prefered given when typing scenerios ect some of them are to long and you cant even see half of them. ideally, be able to edit a scenerio while the bot is currently doing something aswell.

These are just my idea’s of things i personally think should be focused on but what about everybody else? agree/disagree or maybe theres something you think should be more important than any of these.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for your feedback very much.
    We will monitor this thread and will consider all opinions voiced here.

There is one point that needs reminding, however, because it often gets overlooked.

2. all job support with skills – given were nearly at the end of shadowbringers now and we still dont actually have full support for all classes at level 80, i believe this should absolutely be a focus.

The combat system of Miqobot is in early beta. It’s a very complex system that requires hundreds of different algorithms combined together in multiple layers of AI. Even if we discarded all other features and focused exclusively on implementing job rotations, it would still take several years of development.
    The progress of the current expansion is irrelevant.

As long as everyone understands it, we are open to suggestions and can adjust the development plans in accordance with the community demand.
    We appreciate your understanding and feedback.

dana
    Participant
    1+

Imo involving more time and dedication into an improved combat system is a waste of effort. I think that however much you try to make the combat AI as best as it can be, it will never resemble the DPS required to do savage / ultimate content, the best one remaining is if you play it yourself. And so far I have got no issues using the combat AI to everything else besides that aka, dungeons, trials, old content, fate farm etc. // and this is like 90% of all the content there is out there, I don’t have no problem putting my 10% involvement into the rest of the content.

What else I see in this thread and would like to have is the purchase system from NPC, scrips, GC etc. That would be in handy.

GL out there !

Edit #1
    I come here with my next 2 cents that I would like to see in the future Miqo.

Retainer support : resending them on the journey that you have preselected.
    Lev. 60 Dungeon support for the resistance weapons.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  dana.
    flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant
    2+

all the points here I feel are valid.
    1. Miqo is a bot and a majority of people will use it for crafting/gathering. This should be the highest priority as it will also give the most value.
    2/3. Are very useful and I agree that they should be implemented although I personally would prefer the level 90 trust (if we even get them) before the leveling trusts (81-89) Leveling your first job from 81-90 will be done through MSQ. The other ones will be decent for leveling alt classes but when a new expansion comes out I generally want to level up my favorite classes by hand and then level up the less interesting (to me) classes later. With that being said, running the level 90 dungeon on repeat to cap would be a functionality I would find a lot of use in. Even if it means I have to level my trusts my self to level 90.
    4. Due to the very complicated and time intensive nature of combat I feel like the automated scrip purchasing from vendors (at the very least collectable) should be a higher priority then the combat. I would enjoy being able to set up a gathering collectability route to run, then have it turn in the collectables and buy me materia.
    5. a cleaner UI would be nice but I wouldn’t prioritize it over functionality in my opinion. The current UI is simple enough to navigate too and not to cluttered.

WaywardFisher
    Participant
    2+

Crafting/Gathering could stand to take a back seat for a little bit, priority 2 or 3 easy, unless we are talking small stuff or something like being able to work out collisions. It already does plenty enough in that department. Combat definitely needs to move forward for a minute, it’s lack of use in combat settings stems largely from the fact that it’s not particularly good at it. I’d really like for Miqo to be able to walk itself through MSQ to some degree but that’s asking a lot I feel like. Also better navigation abilities, Miqo needs to be able to grab aethercurrents on it’s own for example. These might be things you only have to do once, but they are things that every individual character has to do once; if you’ve got more than one character, you’re doing them more than once.

mrzepher67
    Participant
    2+

I agree with some of the points, but disagree largely on combat. I appreciate that miqo exists as primarily an automation tool and not a substitute for playing/learning the game, and I use it as such. Because of that I find it unreasonable to expect anything more, so my opinions definitely sway that way.

1. The combat functions well enough to send it through dungeons and get through them for the prescripted dungeons, and generally just mindlessly watch youtube while wasd’ing around the rest. If the goal is to skip MSQ then save the money you would spend on miqo and just get a story skip; that would be more effective time vs cost, as there are large portions of content that miqo will potentially never be able to do unassisted due to complexity.

2. It would be generally a mistake to spend dev hours on nuanced combat changes this close to the next expansion when there will likely be massive overhauls to multiple jobs, imo. There were quite a few major job changes in Shadowbringers between combat and crafting, so it’s not surprising to me that there’s been delays to full combat support for all classes.

3. We saw quite a few additions to scripted dungeons during shadowbringers, I’m surprised we got tomestone farm at all given the crafting rework and how much backlogging that created.

I personally would like to see an expansion of the 3D navigation so we can source our own dungeon grids like we do with scenarios, but I don’t know exactly what that entails (or what I would be asking for). If there was a way we could move through dungeons and indicate where enemy packs and interactables like treasure or doorways are and make a scenario that says “fightwaypoint(2,3,4); interactwaypoint(5)” (combine normal grids with 3d nav sorta thing) I think this would save miqo team a lot of dev time in not having to manually code as many dungeons, since many dungeons at various ilvls are tank and spank with few to no important mechanics. This would also allow us to write our own unsync farm if we’re looking for specific items.

4. More support for vendor interactions I think would be the most helpful in terms of day-to-day use that people writing scenarios could make the most use out of (you can see even now that most scenarios have some way of manually interacting with duty finder or buying items from specific vendors). Target NPCs by name (i feel like this might have been brought up) and searching through tabs to find a specific item “findItem($itemname, $tab)”, as well as enter/exit duty options would be beneficial QoL changes going into the next expac.

5. Cleaner UI is always going to be an ask of a bot with this many functions. It would definitely be nice, but it shouldn’t be a main priority as long as there’s clear documentation. If the next expansion brings few job/class changes and doesn’t overhaul too many systems I would say that would be a good time to look at UI and usability.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

Lately I’ve been thinking about the next expansion + what my personal endgame priorities will be. Here is what I could really use Miqo’s help on:

1. Crafting/gathering
    – collectible support
    – quick synthesis support

2. Level 90 trust dungeon support (assuming that’s a thing)
    – for tomestone farming, mainly for the purchase of tome crafting materials
    – yes, I would prioritize this over 81 – 89 dungeons, I can bite the bullet and level my trusts to 90 by hand
    – unless Miqodevs are able to implement level 81 and/or 85 at the same time

3a. Automated collectible turn-in

3b. Automated scrip (+ tome?) exchange for specific items
    – Since this involves navigating a couple sub-menus to get to the item purchase, perhaps a couple scenario engine commands to tell her what to press?

4. Scenario Engine updates
    – including the ability to call scenarios recursively

Thank you for all your hard work 🙂

nyancat
    Participant

Looks like we just got a New Years gift with a minor Miqobot update. 🙂

Back to topic… IMO the current roadmap looks well-prioritized. https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/patch-notes/
    I’m looking forward to when the existing features that were broken due to patch are reimplemented. Specifically collectable gathering.

Idea #5 with the cleanup on removing the default outdated gathering grids is a good point. It’s irrelevant for existing users. But these minor changes can help retain new users. A community-maintained wiki would help keep documentation up-to-date.

mrzepher67’s on point about combat and vendor interactions (maybe this is part of scenario engine updates?). Boss mechanics might be complicated though.

flintrucker
    Participant
    1+

I am surprised at the amount of people saying combat is not done well considering I can play through any classes with it on Savage and still come off as purple parse. Soooo my priority list would be

1. Combat
    2. Gathering
    3. Crafting

in general 🙂

a
    Participant

can you guys just at least let us do startassistedcombat() or something via scenario so we can make our own combat grid ;;

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    2+

I am surprised at the amount of people saying combat is not done well considering I can play through any classes with it on Savage and still come off as purple parse. Soooo my priority list would be

1. Combat
    2. Gathering
    3. Crafting

in general 🙂

Agreed on the combat opinion. For whatever reason, over the past two+ years I’ve been subbed to Miqo and browsing these forum threads, once in a while someone will make an argument that Miqo’s combat AI isn’t suitable for Savage and/or Ultimate. I read this as someone who has done both Savage and Ultimate (though only UCoB myself) with Miqo’s combat assist, and I while don’t know how different their experiences are versus mine, Miqo absolutely shines in Savage content. You can basically just keep track of raid buffs and when to pop your pots and just focus on mechanics while she handles almost everything else. As a SMN in this savage tier I like dealing 20k (22k if I’m dance partner ^^) in 510 melded gear, and that’s even after Miqo’s been popping a few rez’s with healing/buffs toggled on. Manually pop an 80 skill when necessary if she doesn’t support it (Shoha, Apex Arrow, etc, etc.) but Miqo is absolutely capable of parsing purple with minimal effort if you know the fight and how to use her. I have mentioned before that system will affect your combat experience, as when lv.50 combat assist support was first released during Stormblood I was playing on a mid-tier laptop with a 960gtx and 2.3ghz quadcore, and the button presses lagged at times and weaving was iffy. Once I upgraded to a better desktop, there was no point at which the GCD hitched or paused, Miqo keeps it flowing smoothly and double-weaves flawlessly. So if you’re not achieving great numbers with Combat Assist it could be server connection/ping or perhaps your system.

TL;DR – my priorities are:

1.) Combat Assist. Grinding out new content (dragons, mats, Savage, etc) is what I mainly use Miqo for. But more than that when Miqo updates I like going through and seeing what new skill support the team has snuck in (since sometimes it goes unannounced – Tsubame-Gaeshi being a recent example) and working out what involvment the bot needs from me in the rotation during encounters. Almost like a mini-game I get to look forward to 😛
    2.) Trust and other such assist content – this latest addition of Heroes’ Gauntlet is fabulous – it allows people without a lot of time in the week, or maybe just having a particularly busy work week, to cap on tomes. This also allows us to get tome mats for new gear, plenty of dungeon gear to desynth, spiritbonding for materia, minions and other gil opportunities. And when the next expansion releases and Miqo is back up, it will be a great option to farm Poetics, for which no method currently exists via Miqo.
    3.)Scenario Engine – because Miqo can currently do some really nifty things for you if you take some time to learn how to make your own scenarios, and being able to export/import other grids and scenarios is great! But there’s a lot more it could offer with some updates.
    4.) Crafting/Gathering. I’ll be honest, when I first got Miqo I mostly used her for crafting and gathering, but that was before the big world/datacenter merger, and way before world visiting redistributed the value of gil and drastically lowered its value. Now it doesn’t even feel like I need to craft or gather to make gil except to craft all the new sets every patch for myself, and maybe get sets up on the marketboard within the first few days before 800k gear pieces drop to 50-100k like they do post-merger/visit. So between the assist, scenario engine, and crafting/gathering, C&G take a backseat for me. But my experience with it has changed since I started playing 7 years ago to now. Especially since the end of Stormblood. Just isn’t as impactful as it used to be, and all of the worlds are flooded with competition these days. I’d rather take combat assist into Titania and get some Dancing Wings and sell those for the 600k they’re currently going for on my world like I did a couple of nights ago, than spend hours gathering new mats that go for 300gil in stacks of 99 that few people are buying because they can easily gather their own at this point with all the QoL updates the game devs keep throwing at us. Even using Heroes’ Gauntlet for Revelation tomes has gotten me half a million gil today from buying stacks of tome mats and selling them in small batches and seems like better usage of time. But again that’s just my experience.

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Gonna add my opinion on the points mentioned in the first post, as a Miqobot user (not as a moderator, but with some knowledge about how stuff works):

1. Completely agree. In my opinion Crafting & Gathering support is the main selling point of Miqobot, as it does these tasks like no other bot. It’s the feature I have always used the most, by far, and all the other features are more like icing on the cake.

2. Based on how I perceived Miqo development, I don’t see this happening any faster as it did in this expansion. Also, I don’t think it is actually required to do even level 80 trust dungeons (Heck, you could probably clear a level 80 trust dungeon just by pressing 1 button, though it would take much much longer).

3. I partly agree. Leveling shouldn’t be a priority, since this can already be done with the most recent dungeon. When 6.0 releases I’m quite sure you’ll be able to level all your jobs to lvl 90 with just The Heroes’ Gauntlet. Maaaaybe the level 81 dungeon would be a nice addition as well to speed things up, but I don’t think we need another mid-level dungeon (lvl 85 dungeon) next time, as the addition of Qitana Ravel wasn’t needed that desperately and is just a really nice-to-have feature that wasn’t really required to level jobs to 80 (I’ve leveled most of my jobs with only Holminster Switch and it was no problem).

Tomestone farming on the other hand, there I absolutely agree. Farming weekly tomestones is the most annoying combat thing in my opinion, which is why I would love to see this feature being released earlier as well, even if it is without max level rotations support. As I said, I’m pretty sure, that once combat is released (and maybe the first dungeon is supported), implementing the level 90 dungeon via Trust (if that feature still exists then) would be amazing, even with just level 80 rotations.

4. Yeah, NPC shop support would be convenient, but it’s actually more work than you might think. Miqo needs to implement every NPC window separately and implementing NPC shop support would take a couple of weeks to program, if I recall correctly. Would be nice to have, but not that necessary, as it can already be emulated via scenarios.

5. I would call that first world problems. I wouldn’t oppose a cleaner UI and I am very much against this “I prefer windows 95 styled UI’s like Teamspeak over Discord’s modern UI” mentality, but I do think that Miqobot doesn’t really “need” this.

Xion
    Participant
    3+

Crafting/Gathering could stand to take a back seat for a little bit, priority 2 or 3 easy, unless we are talking small stuff or something like being able to work out collisions. It already does plenty enough in that department.

I disagree with this. I’m pretty sure most of people who are paying for Miqo use it for primarly crafting and gatherering. Scaling the support/development on this would be bad.

Of course the team should keep improving combat based automation but I have a feeling it will take a long time (as Miqo said multiple times over the years) to make it fully working, it’s labeled beta for a reason.

I use the combat parts to farm materials I’m to cheap to buy and don’t do savage content, seeing some people use for it but again, I have a feeling most people sub for the gathering and crafting but I could be completely wrong since only Miqo and her team knows the metrics.

edgedy
    Participant
    2+

SE does not like bots. They will intentionally damage the expansion to make it as hard as possible for programs like Miqobot to exist. You can ask for the sky, but until it comes out I am sure Miqo will allocate resources to give the most functionality they can at the speed they can.

That’d be my vote TBH. Whatever they can get to us in functionality of the preexisting functions first, then harder programming content comes later.

joe_shmoe
    Participant
    2+

The most important items for me and what keeps me coming back are the gathering grids and crafting solver. All of the other features are super nice additions and I do use them occasionally but I really just look at them as extras.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.