A Letter from the Development Team

Forum Forums Discussion A Letter from the Development Team

This topic contains 64 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  PXht 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

Well, for me, if I want a bot with addon, I will simply use the other bot. Miqo has stated a few times that if we don’t satisfied with current state, it’s totally fine to take a break from subscribing. The reason I’m still using Miqo is I love it for what it is. It’s true that it need some improvement to keep up with updates, but instead of keep bothering them I think it’s better to leave them to work on it.

Odd Cheetah
    Participant
    4+

All i’m going to say is. Much love for the Miqobot team. You guys are passionate about what you are doing and you make an amazing product. Keep up the good work and don’t listen to the folks who are just being aggressive. Keep on doing what you guys are doing.

TLMBot
    Participant
    2+

Ignore the people that are being rude. You never promised it, you can only do so much. Would we like more features, of course! But that doesn’t mean that they can just be willed into existence! The bot still is amazingly useful for the price you charge, and you have been as transparent as can be hoped for! You will still have a sub in me.

DAL41123
    Participant
    5+

I personally like to lurk, and ive lurked a quite a bit over the, what is it now a year with Miqo? Im sure Miqo knows. Anyway I am sad to see that people do not see the overwhelming features you get with Miqo versus what i have seen out there. Miqo team is absolutely right the price point is frankly unbeatable versus the “addon” models out there. Furthermore those “addon” guys fail miserably to get their features right and often doesnt work for the HUGE price point just to enter. Short story: I had a friend ask me what to use to get back into FF14 after being away for several several years. (quit just after arr) I told him about Miqo as well as the other guys, mainly because he wanted to get through the MSQ asap. Miqo doesnt really have a afk solution for that but thats ok. The other guys bots were so bad and had to be babysat so much that he just took a dose of fukitall and quit again. and thats after he invested about 450 bucks for addons. all you gotta do is get past ARR Msq and miqo can pretty much take it from there. thats like 3 days worth of hard work, of a week of lazydayz. The features Miqo is unparalleled are as follows:

Crafting solver – there are a lot of job quests i have yet to complete, thus i am missing an ability and trait or two miqo can HQ without em cuz she a baous.

Combat assist – she taught me how to redmage, blackmage, and brd properly.

Simple scenario engine – sometimes i need to go grocery shopping and interact with the real world, its nice to come back to capped white scripts.

Squad dungeons – job 20 – 70 in a day, you are welcome.

Gold saucer – 10k mgp in 10 mins

this stuff is rock solid and has been for like a year. I know i can rely on Miqo. I have to call a priest to deal with the others.

yolokimchi420
    Participant

Am also a lurker here, but as a person who’ve used Miqobot for almost 2 years, I’m extremely grateful how much work the devs put in here. Of course there were times that I wished for more features, but then all these features for $10 a month is just absolutely amazing. You guys are amazing and will always have my support

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    3+

It’s kinda sad how we look at criticism as something terrible. All I see is a guy who noticed a post that wasn’t updated in who knows how long and couldn’t determine weather the bot was being updated as stated because of the lack of a clear roadmap. Of course we will see a lot of request for features as that’s the model Miqo seems to go by. It has been stated before that if demand for a feature is high it will move up on the to-do list. Also as far as if you don’t like it don’t pay for it sure that’s how free market is supposed to work but when you have customers who have passion for your work and want to see it improve it doesn’t always show in the best way. Just my opinion on the matter.

flintrucker
    Participant

I am of the sentiment that — yes, Miqobot is amazing and I wouldn’t even dare to dream FFXIV without it. If Miqobot doubles the subscription price tomorrow, I’d still pay for it because it’s that integral to the enjoyment of the game.

Having said that, I also agree that Miqo needs a better team to socialize with the community. The coding is great and stuff, but they really need a person to manage the community, engage with them, and tell them how it’s coming along. Which is honestly going to be repetitive as fuck because FFXIV is growing and there’s going to be more newcomers that’ll assume they know how to do Miqo’s jobs in developing the bot.

I know Arc was supposed to be this person and he was great when he’s around, but when he isn’t around, then there’s a lot of chaos and random demands.

I am okay with the pace of the development — they made it to 70 for crafting, gathering AND combat as Stormblood ended, so that’s like holy amazing to me. We are into 5.2, almost midpoint of Shadowbringers, the bot finishing the 70 rotations to the GIGANTIC gameplay changes in 5.0 AND 5.1. Development wise, I’d say they are doing really well.

That’s generally my two cents — hope you keep up the good work, Miqo Team!

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

I really dont know how´to put ít smothly (english is not my mothertongue)
    So í ´just write it down plain.

After what happened in shadowbringer and the huge amount of work for your team with all the changes.
    Plus the development of the combat assist. Ì really would like to see a raise ín the monthly fee. I use Miqo around 3 years now.
    And the only `”real” contribution i can offer is that. I think it it absolutely correct if ýoú get more money for this bot.

I understand that you are not in it for the money but thats the most substantial contribution the community can do.

Please dont get me wrong

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Donations would be better if you want to give more money. Why not create a paypal?

Maurith
    Maurith
    Participant
    1+

Hello Miqobot Dev Team & Community!

I started using your bot due to the low price and the simple interface a long time ago mostly for gathering because that puts me to sleep. However, Miqo also did crafting which was like a godsend to me because back then you would have well over 30-40+ steps to make High-end items HQ and one simple mistake would blow the whole thing. With Miqo, I never had to worry because she worked like a charm every time. Then the Gathering..zzZzZZzz.. Hours spent smacking nodes over and over.. well Miqo never complained, she just chugged along and always left me sweet little gifts of exactly what I asked her for. And then when I thought you couldn’t make your bot any better you hit us with Scenarios.. What!!!?!!?! Jebus.. Now she could do it all and all I had to do was write instructions and off she’d go gathering all my crap then she’d craft it all and do the Manderville dance! I was like, “How they gunna top this?!” BAM! ~*Squad missions*~ WHAT!?!??!!! No more job lvl grind for jobs I dislike?!?! I can get them to max levels while I sleep?! *Grabs chest* …good… …god! *falls out of chair and dies*

So yes, I’d be ok paying a little extra a month if it meant to help keep your team (and Bot) alive because I love you guys, you helped make this game ‘LESS OF A GRIND’ so I could focus more on playing the content. You guys have given us the gift of more time to do what we want in the game, what’s not to love in that?! Before I used your bot, I did make use of another gathering bot (1.0 era) due to how much more of a pain in the ass it was back then (These new people have no damn idea what a pain in the ass really is if they never played 1.0). Anyway, that bot was free, but after ARR they did the pay monthly fee for add-ons.. and for what I used it for, that would have costed me over $30 a month and That is why I quit them. I do not like that crap. But you guys have added so much to this bot since I started using her and never changed your price, this community has been super helpful, and when your bot is broken you credit us the time lost <3 that’s why I stay with you.

Granted, I don’t make use of Miqo as much as I use to because SE has “dumb-down” crafting to make it super easy and most likely due to the same kind of people that whine to you about stupid shit… Nor do I use the combat assist feature, BUT! She is always there for me when I need her and that’s awesome, the most reliable woman I have ever known. All I am really trying to say is that you guys are great, your product is bad ass, most of the people in this community are awesome and to me that’s worth more than what you all charge to be a part of it.

In closing, I am glad that Miqo doesn’t do everything the game has to offer..
    ..for the people that want that..
    Why the hell are you even “playing” this game when you don’t even want to “PLAY” it? Just quit and leave, use the Subscription fee to buy some crack or something.. Take up Naked Sky diving without a parachute for some fun. Bet you won’t do it twice! Or play chicken in a heavily used Porta-Potty VS a freight train.. I bet the train will turn first! Everyone knows trains are afraid of porta-pots. >:D j/k

Love Ya Miqo! <3 xoxoxoxo

-Me

exploitgirls
    Participant

I love you and I appreciate the work you do. The amount of features you offer–including the incredibly responsive forum support–at such a low price is remarkable. Keep up the good work.

tim
    Participant

@ Miqo Dev Team,

Haters gonna hate.

Keep doing you, Remain True to your Passion.

You guys created a product i enjoy and support. Take your time make it right!

-Timothy

Shines
    Shines
    Participant

It’s unfortunate that you have this level of pressure put upon you. It’s troubling even, and I wish that there was an easy solution. All I can say is, please try to take heart in the fact that there are still plenty of people who are happy to see things as they are, who will keep supporting you!

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    3+

I was a huge Miqobot supporter a few years back, and recommended it to quite a few people, but I must admit I just don’t have much use for it these days. I like the idea of a casual bot, the one where you just press the button and it works. However, Miqo didn’t evolve much during all this time. Scenarios and combat still feel undercooked. Crafting calculator was Miqo’s big draw, but now the other bot’s got one too… in form of a paid addon, obviously.

And yes, I too abhor the other bot’s business model of selling each feature separately. However, as unfair as it may seem, it’s proven to be very effective. Because of API and the addon store, as long as the core devs keep the bot online, someone will always step up to fill whatever niche needs filling. I respect that Miqo isn’t going that route, but there needs to be some kind of progress in terms of features if it’s to remain a viable alternative.

2skies
    Participant
    1+

There will always be people who complain no matter the quality of the product or your outreach efforts.

Your team’s hard work and passion for this project, the game, and the community is not invalidated by a vocal minority of jaded users. Please remember that. This project has completely transformed the game experience in such a positive way for so many others that we don’t mind the downtime between patches or some constant release of new features. Think about all the users who are perfectly happy with the product who don’t post.

“Thanks” seems too casual for the gratitude that we – our community, your community – have for this and we hope that your team can find some relaxation and positive energies amid all the mudslinging and discontentment of a very, very few.

#TeamMiqo

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  2skies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.