5.3 Diadem Crafting and Gathering Questions

Forum Forums Discussion 5.3 Diadem Crafting and Gathering Questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

snooch
    Participant

Hello, prospective buyer here looking to answer a few questions before I go purchase. I did look around the forums but I did not seem to find what I was looking for so I will ask here.

1.) Does miqobot handle the reapplication of food, potions, and repair dark matter?
    2.) While gathering in the diadem, how does miqobot utilize the aetheromatic auger? I have a preference in the targets I would like to shoot (ie miner only targets when I enter as a miner) and would like to avoid sprites entirely as they do not accumulate points.
    3.) I saw that the bot while crafting the expert recipes prefers using muscle memory as opposed to reflect. Due to my stats having higher relative craftsmanship to control of the “meta” melds I do not know if miqobot can account for something like this. Would this require some tinkering on my part?
    4.) A second question on crafting, does the bot prefer cp syrup or control syrup?
    5.) How does turning in items and kupo of fortune work.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  snooch.

snooch
    Participant

I also noticed I accidentally initially posted this to grids and not discussion, I apologize for that.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  snooch.
    malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

TLDR Yes you can probably just import a Diadem scenario and it will basically handle everything you’re asking for.

1.) Does miqobot handle the reapplication of food, potions, and repair dark matter?

You will need to time the reapplication of food buffs, or deal with a little overlap or time missing the buff. Miqo does not yet automatically detect this. repair() via darkmatter is supported.

2.) While gathering in the diadem, how does miqobot utilize the aetheromatic auger? I have a preference in the targets I would like to shoot (ie miner only targets when I enter as a miner) and would like to avoid sprites entirely as they do not accumulate points.

Yes, Miqo can choose specific targets for boomtarget().

3.) I saw that the bot while crafting the expert recipes prefers using muscle memory as opposed to reflect. Due to my stats having higher relative craftsmanship to control of the “meta” melds I do not know if miqobot can account for something like this. Would this require some tinkering on my part?

Miqo does support expert recipes but I don’t have experience with 4* recipes yet. The solver will calculate the best possible outcome and go with that based on your stats. At the very worst if you don’t want her to use a skill take it off your hotbar, or macro it without /micon, as the “ignore hotbar” seems to be a combat-only thing.

4.) A second question on crafting, does the bot prefer cp syrup or control syrup?

Doesn’t matter, Miqo solver calculates based on your current stats, either when you start or when the buffs run out and she needs to recalculate.

5.) How does turning in items and kupo of fortune work.

Miqo handles delivercollectables() turn in, but kupo tickets might need to be done with key(). I don’t use diadem so I don’t know exactly. You might want to just import one of the many diadem scenarios and backwards engineer it from there.

Basic scenario scripting information
    Basic crafting information and crafting development
    Diadem scenarios

nyancat
    Participant

Hi snooch, taking a shot at your questions.

1. Yes. You can use the scenario feature which will run a series of steps for you. Food and potions are used by telling Miqobot which icons to press (ex. icon(5,12,3) translates to hotbar 5, button 12, wait 3 sec after). Then you can tell her to craft and then use repair() and materiaExtract() afterwards. See script example down below.

2. Also can be done via scenario. Don’t use any pre-5.4 ones since they’re outdated… I’ll update this post later when I can find the good scenario that can be imported. You basically tell it what to target, where to dismount, then how many times to execute boom. Also see script example down below.

3. Miqobot takes your stats into account to intelligently decide which is more preferable. That specific change in Miqo’s recent patch notes is more of an algorithm tweak I think (mods, please correct me if needed).

4. I personally use control syrup. For 4 star recipes, Miqobot’s initial steps are spamming rapid synth to get to within 1 step completion. CP syrup would help there but control syrup helps the more important control steps.

5. The last FFXIV patch broke Miqo’s collectible gathering and it’s still in progress on getting fixed. During prior FFXIV patch, it would work as part of a scenario by changing to a job and turning them in. Example below. I don’t think kupo of fortune is supported.

Example scenario chapter script:

job(CUL)
    icon(5, 12, 3) // use food
    icon(5, 11, 3) // use tea

solverPreset(hq)
    nqhq(balanced)

// Chili Crab [Crafted] - CUL - Level 80
    setCraftCollect(off)
    job(CUL)
    recipe(Chili Crab)
    craft(10)

icon(5, 11, 3) // use tea

// Chili Crab [Crafted] - CUL - Level 80
    setCraftCollect(off)
    job(CUL)
    recipe(Chili Crab)
    craft(10)

repair()
    materiaExtract()

repeatChapter(2)

Example diadem script:

boomTarget(Arch-Noctilae)
    boomTarget(Cloudtrap)
    boomTarget(Dryad)
    boomTarget(Sapling)
    boomTarget(Wood Golem)
    boomTarget(Diadem Plantoid)

waypoint(426)
    dismount()

diademBoom()
    diademBoom()
    diademBoom()

Example collectible turn in script:

goToWaypoint(12)
    changeJob(Miner)
    deliverCollectables()
    changeJob(Botanist)
    deliverCollectables()
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  nyancat.
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

Just a bit of detail about the stats during crafting: when starting a craft, Miqo looks at your stats and the craft in question. If everything matches the (singular) cached solver calculation tree, she just follows the tree to maximise quality while ensuring that the craft is completed, even if she can’t hit 100% HQ. If your stats don’t match or the craft is different, she takes a few seconds to calculate a decision tree that will do that, which is then cached, replacing any existing one. The result is that if you level up while crafting, she’ll recalculate; if you gain or lose a stat buff, she’ll recalculate; if you change your equipment, she’ll recalculate. If your stats don’t change and you keep making the same recipe (by telling her to craft a certain amount) then she’ll just finish a craft, update the materials if needed (like if you ran out of HQ/NQ and need to use the other kind), and then start the craft again.

The bottom line is that you set your stats before crafting by having food or potions, then she adjust to your stats in order to maximise the chances of getting HQ. Please note that she does not calculate with a cap on quality; that is to say, her decision for whether to increase quality does not look at how much is needed, only IF it is needed. She’ll use things like Innovation before a touch skill even if you’re only one point off. This is to reduce the computational complexity of the craft solver. As above, she will always ensure the craft is finished, so it doesn’t really impact the end result.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.