Is crafting broken?

Forum Forums Discussion Is crafting broken?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

Tried to use it to craft, it spammed Rapid Synthesis until it lost half my GP on it, then it spammed Innovation, Great Strides and Prudent Touch, constantly failing and losing all the stacks.

Is something broken with it or is it better to just remove those two skills from the hotbar?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

No, crafting is not broken.
    It works exactly the same way as before.

Tried to use it to craft, it spammed Rapid Synthesis until it lost half my GP on it

Rapid Synthesis is an RNG ability. It can fail many times in a row.
    However, Miqobot does not include an emotional response. Regardless of how many times Rapid Synthesis fails, Crafting Solver continues to follow the optimal synthesis path. It will make no attempt to salvage a failing craft.

There is no magic that would allow RNG abilities to succeed. If the RNG has decided that the current synthesis must fail, it will fail.

Is something broken with it or is it better to just remove those two skills from the hotbar?

The rotation including RNG abilities is the best possible rotation.
    But you can manipulate the way RNG affects your crafts by simply removing it from your hotbar.

• If you craft a lot of expert recipes and would like to achieve maximum rating over a big number of crafts, then RNG abilities are paramount.
    • If you craft only a few recipes and would like to see a stable process instead, then please remove RNG abilities from hotbar.
    ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

No, crafting is not broken.
    It works exactly the same way as before.

Tried to use it to craft, it spammed Rapid Synthesis until it lost half my GP on it

Rapid Synthesis is an RNG ability. It can fail many times in a row.
    However, Miqobot does not include an emotional response. Regardless of how many times Rapid Synthesis fails, Crafting Solver continues to follow the optimal synthesis path. It will make no attempt to salvage a failing craft.

There is no magic that would allow RNG abilities to succeed. If the RNG has decided that the current synthesis must fail, it will fail.

The rotation including RNG abilities is the best possible rotation.
    But you can manipulate the way RNG affects your crafts by simply removing it from your hotbar.

• If you craft a lot of expert recipes and would like to achieve maximum rating over a big number of crafts, then RNG abilities are paramount.
    • If you craft only a few recipes and would like to see a stable process instead, then please remove RNG abilities from hotbar.

Hmm okay, good to know, I’ll keep praying to RNG gods to not hate me too much.

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant
    1+

I noticed this as well. I was testing Miqo vs the Balance Teamcraft rotations and she spammed Rapid Synth a lot. I feel the Balance rotation is more reliable right now. Maybe adding a forced Muscle Memory option like Innovation & Manipulation would do the trick.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by PinHead PinHead.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Muscle Memory is already forced by Crafting Solver for Expert recipes. But the algorithm was not tested with other 4-star recipes, because they did not exist back then.
    Please remember that this version of Miqobot does not contain new features. It works exactly like before.

During the next week, we will be researching and implementing the necessary adjustments for new gameplay elements, including new openers for level 80**** recipes.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi, one strange thing I noticed, is that Miqo sometimes casts Great Strides/Great Strides back-to-back, which seems like just a waste of CP to me. Is this intentional? If it is, what’s to logic behind it?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Dragonshy142. Reason: Adding screenshots
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Dragonshy142.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are sorry, but this information is not enough to answer the question.
    Crafting Solver is a very complex system. It does not have any predefined rules, all decisions are calculated on the fly and can not be explained without context. Perhaps it was used twice to bait a Good condition, and maybe there was another reason.

In order to analyze your issue, we need to know all the data involved in the solving process:

• Full sequence of steps that led to this moment.
    • Character stats.
    • Recipe stats.
    • List of abilities on hotbar.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi, as far as I can find from digging through the logs:
    Step 1. Recommended skill: (Reflect)
    Step 2. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    Step 3. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    Step 4. Recommended skill: (Veneration)
    Step 5. Recommended skill: (Rapid Synthesis)
    Step 6. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    Step 7. Recommended skill: (Rapid Synthesis)
    Step 8. Recommended skill: (Basic Synthesis)
    Step 9. Recommended skill: (Innovation)
    Step 10. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 11. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    Step 12. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 13. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 14. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 15. Recommended skill: (Innovation)
    Step 16. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 17. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 18. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 19. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 20. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    Step 21. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 22. Recommended skill: (Innovation)
    Step 23. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    Step 24. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 25. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 26. Recommended skill: (Byregot’s Blessing)
    Step 27. Recommended skill: (Basic Synthesis)

Character Stats: 2546 Craftsmanship, 2420 Control, 507 CP
    Recipe Stats: 4543 Difficulty, 70 Durability, 43590 Max Quality, 2250 Recommended Craftsmanship

List of abilities: Basically everything (screenshots attached)

Not sure if I’m missing any information.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing the requested information.
    Yes, this behavior is normal. The second Great Strides in this case was used to bait a Good condition for Byregot’s Blessing. There was no other way to utilize the remaining CP, therefore this choice is identical to Observe. When two choices have identical outcomes, Crafting Solver simply selects the last ability in the list.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.