5.1 Prelim Patch Notes

Forum Forums Discussion 5.1 Prelim Patch Notes

This topic contains 37 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Anno90 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

middy88
    Participant

Yo, the prelim patch notes for the game are now up and I was just glancing through some of the changes. Does anyone know how much of an impact the coming changes will affect Miqobot? Some things, like gathering looks like it’s gonna be easier now that they’re adding quick gathering. But the crafting part looks like they’ve removed the majority of the skills. Is that gonna completely mess up the crafting solver?

Arc
    Arc
    1+

From a technical standpoint it will severely break Miqobot for sure.
    – The crafting solver will be unusable with the giant amount of skills removed and changed
    – Gathering will have to be rewritten to some extend, considering we can perma-stealth now and there’s no reason to ever un-stealth anymore
    – Combat will be pretty broken for some jobs (especially Ninja), since some skills have been completely changed
    – Like always with a large content patch, Miqobot will essentially be broken and undergo maintenance mode (don’t worry, the team will make an announcement and usually licenses get frozen until Miqobot’s base-functionality is repaired)

This was kinda anticipated, but there is nothing, Miqobot can do, to prepare for this, except for waiting in the wings for the patch to drop.

From a functionality standpoint I expect:
    – Crafting (and the solver) “might” become simpler to use after it’s fixed, since from what I’ve seen in the notes crafting actions became much simpler and more linear (with buffs that did complex math stuff like reducing rLvl now just giving flat % increases on quality progression)
    – Gathering will propably work much more consistent now, since every gatherer will now always be perma-stealthed and the need for wonky routes to safe places where you activate stealth will be unnecessary and instead the routes can be made, so they send you directly in front of the gathering node
    – Gathering will also become much easier and consistent, since there are no more out of reach items anymore and undiscovered items now aren’t hidden anymore, but will get a fancy icon as sign that you haven’t gathered it yet (and there won’t be reduced gathering chance)

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    2+

Well its a great thing miqo didnt waste any time trying to update the solver, cause all of those dev hours would have been wasted. The FFXIV devs seem to be taking a massive shit on the crafting system.. not sure I like it Lol.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

As for the combat update

a lot of the changes are potency changes, i am not sure how that effects the combat system of miqo, if at all

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Yeah but at leas the combat changes arent as drastic as the crafting ones. Combat seems to be mostly potencies adjusted.

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Well its a great thing miqo didnt waste any time trying to update the solver, cause all of those dev hours would have been wasted. The FFXIV devs seem to be taking a massive shit on the crafting system.. not sure I like it Lol.

I don’t believe anyone wanted Miqo team to work on crafting solver asap. We just didn’t want it to never get and update at all and stay at the bottom of the to do list permanently.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I want at least the basic solver will work after update. I’m still leveling up my crafters and solver helps a lot.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, the Crafting Solver will be completely broken in Patch 5.1.
    There is no technical way to prevent this, but we will do our best to implement the necessary upgrades as fast as possible.

Thank you for your concern!

econ1001
    Participant

Bad news is crafting solver will probably be broken for 3-4 months minimum

Good news is that with cross class skills and Steady Hand removed, computationally heavy calculations such as stacks management or expected values under RNG has been eliminated,fairly straight forward

SB for comparison took 4 months of research and implementation before the solver was ready, quality work takes time and it will takes as long as it needs to take, just look at Cyberpunk 2077, for example

“Basic Solver” doens’t exist unless you want to limit Miqo to doing just Basic/Standard/Careful Synthesis and Basic/Standard/Advanced Touch, at that point you might as well write your own 15 step macro it’ll probably do a lot better

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    6+

We will neither confirm nor deny any statements until we conduct the preliminary research after Patch 5.1 release.

Stormblood 4.0 upgrade was processed on a completely different scale.
    ETAs from the past do not apply.

bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant
    1+

Good luck with fixing the crafting solver, when the changes come in. I tend to remain quiet on the forums, but for your sakes, I hope it’s not too stressful – it is one of the features I pay for, but I’m okay with it not working for a while due to these changes.

(The gathering changes, at least, aren’t as drastic!)

Arc
    Arc
    2+

@bottingfriend: Make sure to check out the Balance and the Teamcraft Discord. They’ll most likely publish a working macro for even the minimum melds builds, which you can then put into Miqobot’s macro bar on the crafting tab, so the crafting will work consistently.

Also, from what I’ve seen, all sub <= lvl 70 recipes will most likely be HQ craftable with either just one press of Delicate Synthesis or with Trained Eye followed by 1-3 Careful Synthesis and it's done. That's gonna be pretty amazing.

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant

Forgive me for being nosy when asking for clarification of this statement: does this comment imply that Miqobot team is considerably smaller now than when Stormblood/4.1 released?

No ulterior motives for asking, truly just curious.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Gonna go out on a limb here and take a guess. It isnt that the dev team’s changed, but rather, SB’s combat changes werent as drastic as ShB’s.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Forgive me for being nosy when asking for clarification of this statement: does this comment imply that Miqobot team is considerably smaller now than when Stormblood/4.1 released?

No ulterior motives for asking, truly just curious.

[Disclaimer] Just my assumption:

No. Back then Miqobot simply didn’t have as many features, so there was way less to fix. Back then Miqobot only had the Gold Saucer Minigames, Chocobo Racing, Gathering, Fishing, Crafting Solver, Palace of the Dead map, Desynthesis and the beta of the scenario engine as features.

On top of that came several more crafting skills + gathering skills + spearfishing + a changed crafting math + the combat assist + squadron dungeons + several improvements to scenarios that were developed during stormblood and had to be repaired with the advent of Shadowbringers, while the Miqobot team didn’t considerably grow (at least I read Miqobot stating several times, that employing more staff would take about 6 months of training).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.