Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

This topic contains 178 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by Ai Ai 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)
  • Author

junkie1977
    Participant
    22+

1. Is this an official statement?
    No. As the title says, this is an unofficial thread, created only with the intent to support/help the Miqobot dev team.

2. Why are you creating this, then? GTFO!
    As much as I use Miqobot and I too am waiting for official status, there has been an influx of ready-to-be unhappy folks, so this will drive them away from other threads.

3. Whatever, what’s your deal?
    We have a good indication of the problem: the domain miqobot.com is registered under a person/entity located in Ukraine. Unless you have been living under a rock, there are some very severe conflicts going on involving Ukraine. Therefore, having to choose to update a game bot or staying alive, I bet any sane person would pick the latter.

4. Wait, Ukraine?
    Yes. The domain registrar lists Vinnytsia Oblast, Ukraine as the domain owner location. Far away from the Eastern borders, this town sits about 4h drive southwest of Kyiv and is very close to the country of Moldavia. As of other Ukraine citizens, many have moved to nearby countries, while others have been drafted to help defend the country.

5. And what about the bot?
    Nobody knows. Contrary to forums, where they would keep things mostly under control but wouldn’t spend too long on it, they were very responsive over email. The community had noticed all email comms from them had come to a stop since Feb 24, which matches the day Ukraine was invaded.
    EDIT by Ark:
    It is extremely likely that on Monday, when Square Enix releases the hotfix, Miqobot will completely shut down and stop working. This will probably happen because Miqobot won’t recognize the new client version of the game, and because a bunch of values in the game code change with every patch, that have to be adjusted so Miqobot continues to work. Usually this would be a fix that takes just a couple of minutes / hours at best, but since the Miqobot devs are currently not capable of working the bot will most likely be bricked until the Miqobot devs can continue working on it.
    There is also no chance that a 3rd party will fix the bot, because a huge portion of the Miqobot code is hosted on the Miqobot server, and not clientside (as a measure to prevent people to reverse engineer the bot and cheat themselves out of paying the subscription like everyone else).

A best guess is the bot should continue to work, since it is hosted on a global web hosting service. Unless a) the domain expires (unlikely; registration valid until Nov 2023), b) the web hosting expires (unknown) or c) any action is required by the devs on the license and/or web server/applications (including forums), the bot should, once again, work the same way it works today.

6. What about the promised 60 days updates?
    Please re-read #3, carefully. If you still are not convinced, then perhaps try to play the game without assistance. Believe me, it is very fun. Might take some effort on your side, but it is extremely enjoyable.

7. Alright, what next?
    Be patient. Until they get back to a livable state (life for them will never be as it was before), folks behind Miqo deserves some patience and respect.

8. How do I donate to the devs?
    There is no official donation for Miqobot, and if anyone other than Miqo tells otherwise, it is a scam. Your best way to support the devs is purchasing extra Miqo licenses: even if you won’t use them, it is a way to donate directly to them. You can also support Ukraine by donating to a reputable humanitarian center. There are a few worldwide, perhaps at your own country; however, I cannot stress that enough: do some research and donate to one that will help Ukraine.

9. When we know more?
    Please re-read #7, carefully. Hopefully these folks will be back and safe soon.

10. How to help in the meantime?
    Maybe if you see someone randomly asking for questions, direct the person to this topic. And keep Ukraine in your thoughts.

Peace, and stay strong, Ukraine!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  junkie1977.

flintrucker
    Participant

thank you for taking the initiative on this! was thinking it’d be good to set something up for people to notice too.

bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant

The bot will likely stop working when 6.1 drops – due to the fact that areas in memory change around. I hope that the developers are safe.

Ehn123
    Participant

well we will see when 6.1 comes around. I have a feeling alot of people will leave. It sucks but might happen..

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    2+

It will absolutely stop working it breaks with every update.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    5+

I’m in contact with someone now who claims to know the devs, and who says they are fine, hiding in a shelter. Can’t confirm the truth of it, because I haven’t talked to the devs personally, but the stuff they told me matches what I know of the devs.
    This gives us some hope about their well-being, and I will try to get in direct contact with them.
    Some personal information has come up, so for the sake of privacy of all people involved, including the devs, I won’t go into details about the conversation I had (if the person told me the truth, I know the devs personal info now, and not gonna share that with anyone).

Eyefinity
    Participant
    4+

The important thing right now is that the devs are safe, the bot can wait. Do you guys think we can support them somehow? If they have access to their paypal account, buying some months could help them, right?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I’m in contact with someone now who claims to know the devs, and who says they are fine, hiding in a shelter. Can’t confirm the truth of it, because I haven’t talked to the devs personally, but the stuff they told me matches what I know of the devs.

This is quite troubling actually. There is an information war going on top of other things. So if someone claims that personal information has been leaked then they are actually in danger. Could you elaborate on this? How did you get in contact with that person? Are they from Ukraine too?

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

This is quite troubling actually. There is an information war going on on top of other things. So if someone claims that personal information has been leaked then they are actually in danger. Could you elaborate on this? How did you get in contact with that person? Are they from Ukraine too?

They are someone that had contact with the devs in the past, and has a satellite phone at their disposal. They are indeed also in Ukraine, although further north. Their claim is that they are aware of the devs location, in a shelter. Their names and address came up during the conversation I had with them, but there is no immediate threat to the devs, if that person is to be believed.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I really hope they are lying. Because if they dont they could use this info for blackmail or worse.

ps34pc
    Participant

wow ofc I want the bot to work but that is some crazy scary shit. Hope it will all work out for them and they will be safe

junkie1977
    Participant
    2+

They are someone that had contact with the devs in the past, and has a satellite phone at their disposal. They are indeed also in Ukraine, although further north. Their claim is that they are aware of the devs location, in a shelter. Their names and address came up during the conversation I had with them, but there is no immediate threat to the devs, if that person is to be believed.

If they are safe, that is all we should care. Be their identity true or false, let this info be unknown to others and to be forgotten by everyone. Should they want to be known, they would do it.

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant
    1+

The bot will likely stop working when 6.1 drops – due to the fact that areas in memory change around. I hope that the developers are safe.

Might break sooner than that now. Hotfix maintenance on Monday night.

If you’re wanting to get stuff done using the bot, get it done now.

bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant

I was coming here to say that – hotfixes usually break the bot, since it also changes memory addresses.

winniethebish
    Participant

I was coming here to say that – hotfixes usually break the bot, since it also changes memory addresses.

Does it break it entirely or just certain parts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ’ is closed to new replies.