Yet again… Which jobs work BEST?

Forum Forums Discussion Yet again… Which jobs work BEST?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by iNight iNight 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant
    2+

I know the updates are halted due to the war, but taking in consideration what we have in hand, how are each class at level 80?

WAR for some reason ignores Shake it Off, WHM plays flawlessly, BLM has a little problem with the AoE rotations due to Blizz2 changes in EW, Scholar seems fine

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by MTCruvinel MTCruvinel.
    ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant
    2+

Dragoon works pretty well. You have to only press like 1 or 2 buttons. Other than that it goes by itself. Haven’t tried others, I don’t often use combat assist.

ffxivnewbiebot
    Participant

I just let my bot spam either spam Qitana Ravel or Heroes Gauntlet dungeon.

Usually it takes me 3 days (with breaks) to get one class from 80 to 90 without doing any dailies.

I do recall there is a macro somewhere for Sage and Reaper so that it at least does the minimum rotation to kill mobs and bosses.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    2+

Jobs I played with combat assist for level 90 contents, with some macros or pushing 1 or 2 buttons manually:
    PLD, GNB, WHM, SCH, DRG, MCH, RDM.

Menendo
    Participant

So far I’ve done quite a lot of them.

Tanks:
    PLD – plays well. Macro in lvl 90 skill and you’re good to go. Does not use lvl 90 but can be macro’d to create automation (but not optimal).
    WAR – Does not use Shake it Off (as it was changed I think). Does not use lvl 90 but can be macro’d to create automation (but not optimal).
    DRK – plays fine. Manually have to use +80 mitigation. Lvl 90 skill not supported but is OGCD so it’s super good to use yourself.
    GNB – does not use 90. Bad spot for macroing. Better use yourself.

Healer:
    SCH – plays fine. Put Sacred Soil on an ignore hotbar and it will take you fine though everything.
    WHM – not tested
    AST – not tested

Phys Ranged:
    BRD – not in good spot due to changes. Miqo will use all stacks. Sub 80 content is fine.
    MCH – plays really really well. Macro in lvl 90 and it can do anything with ease.
    DNC – plays ok. Nobody expects DNC to know what they’re doing anyway (we just look hella good) so we can get anyway with it and run full automation.

Magic Ranged:
    BLK – in a very rough spot. Would not recommend.
    SMN – Not fixed. Ignore for now.
    RDM – works well. You have to do the finishing combo yourself. Dash/Jump is a bit wonky at time and Miqo has problems calculating what Black and White mana she needs. HOWEVER – nobody will care if you fuck it up since the raise is on point.

Melee DPS
    Monk – not fixed. Ignore for now.
    DRG – not tested but it would seem it’s still in a decent spot.
    Ninja – has some difficulties with the changes to rotation. Works ok but not good.
    SAM – not tested.
    RPR – not supported yet. Does basic rotation. Ignore for now.

And since I know the question will be asked:
    PLD Macro
    This tricks Miqo into thinking “Hey I’m using Fast Blade” since Confiteor is not supported, but the skill hierarchy will use Confiteor before Fast Blade – which in turn will cast Blade of Faith / Blade of Truth / Blade of Valor each time Miqo uses it.

/micon "Fast Blade"
    /merror off
    /ac "Confiteor"
    /ac "Fast Blade"

And ofcourse this works with the AOE as well:

/micon "Total Eclipse"
    /merror off
    /ac "Confiteor"
    /ac "Total Eclipse"

For Machinist base principle as above PLD macro applies here. Will cast Chain Saw on CD.

/micon "Heated Split Shot"
    /merror off
    /ac "Chain Saw" <t>
    /ac "Heated Split Shot" <t>

And AOE

/micon Scattergun
    /merror off
    /ac “Chain Saw” <t>
    /ac Scattergun <t>

Credit for creation of macros and testing is captainblunt, Lyfox & iNight.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I use macro on GNB for fully automated gameplay. Sure it’s not optimal, but it’s doing good for me.
    Feel free to test this 3 macros:

Fated Circle:

/micon "Fated Circle"
    /merror off
    /ac "Double Down" <t>
    /ac "Fated Circle" <t>

Burst Strike:

/micon "Burst Strike"
    /merror off
    /ac "Double Down" <t>
    /ac "Burst Strike" <t>
    /wait 1
    /ac Continuation <t>

Gnashing Fang:

/micon "Gnashing Fang"
    /merror off
    /ac "Double Down" <t>
    /ac "Gnashing Fang" <t>

For DRG, you just need to macro Wyrmwind Thrust on True Thrust and Doom Spike. Just make a macro like previous example.

For other jobs, it’s just like what Menendo said.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.