With all the new subs will you be working on this more?

Forum Forums Discussion With all the new subs will you be working on this more?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ral
    Ral
    Participant

Hi, I hope you don’t see this post as me complaining because it isnt. I have been using this for a few days and am very happy. It is a lovely little project you have here and you should be very proud.

My question is will this be getting some extra development? With all the new members joining FF14 right now I am sure you will be and are getting more people joining and more money coming in. Will this mean more updates and maybe some of the planned features being worked on more?

I really hope so as I have got a few of my friends joined and I would love to see this outperform the competition.

Thanks again!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Unfortunately no, it doesn’t mean that Miqobot will get more updates.

The increase of new players means an extremely high load in the Tech Support department. We are already working much more than before, but 90% of our workload consists of answering questions and providing technical assistance.

The most favorable time for development is the state of lull before new patches. The time when most players have achieved everything they wanted and are taking a break from the game and Miqobot both, which allows us to shift the focus from supporting existing features to actually implementing new ones.

However, the recent events have replaced the usual period of calm with unprecedented hype.
    Until this storm is over, the progress on new updates will be very slow.

Andylynyn
    Participant

Are there no plans on expanding the team at any point to deal with the bigger influx?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    6+

At this stage of development it takes about 6 months to hire, teach, and fully integrate a new team member.
    If the period of activity lasts long enough to justify the investment, then of course we will consider it. But this process is not fast either.

As we already explained, dominating the market is not our goal.
    We are just a small team of players who want to make the game a little better than it already is.

Ral
    Ral
    Participant

If your issue is with all the questions here maybe it would be cheaper and quicker in getting some people to help with the questions? It would save on all the training and needing experience with programming.

Thanks for the reply. I really cant wait for the updates and if possible I would love to test out any beta tests.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

The majority of questions arrive in private Tech Support emails.
    But of course, we are very grateful to everyone who is helping new users acclimate in our project.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.