Weekly ban report

Forum Forums Discussion Weekly ban report

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AkiZero
    Participant

Has anyone noticed as well that the weekly ban report is kinda empty for 3 weeks and that they only show RMT advertisement bans?
    Is no staff working at all cuz Corona or what? 😀

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

“Weekly”? Its never been weekly afaik, that’s too much work for SE, smol indie dev pls no bulli. But yes they do have limites staff working atm so they might not be doing it at all rn.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by LutBot LutBot.

AkiZero
    Participant

Uhh yes it is weekly o:
    Look at the picture that I added

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Ah Indeed it is, Lol Never really noticed that unless there was maintenance.

Kit
    Participant

It doesn’t seem that there is much monitoring going on right now. I’ve been doing some yellow gatherer’s scrips scenarios over the past couple days and there’s a few characters that seem to be hitting all of the unspoiled nodes 24/7 on my server right now. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a ban wave happens once covid-19 dies down and logs are reviewed. I’m sure they have a system in place to flag players for humanly impossible farming patterns – ie: teleporting to x location at exactly 7:40ET and harvesting y node at exactly 8:05ET during every in-game day cycle for RL days on end. I would still use Miqo like someone is watching. At the very least extend your scenarios to afk at a few different times and locations for each gathering target, eg a 3 chapter scenario ch 1, 2, 3 can be expanded to 1a, 2a, 3a, 1b, 2b, 3b, 1c, 2c, 3c, and of course dont use the default grids without a little modification. Better safe than sorry.

AkiZero
    Participant

Is there even such a thing like them “reviewing” the logs? Or are you talking about the logs of people who got reported?

Kit
    Participant

What I have been told is that there is some analytics algorithm applied to the logs by the system to identify impossible behaviors, which is why teleport hacking and stuff gets you banned. Players have claimed that they have been banned for crafting in their houses for impossibly long sessions but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen proof. I think the biggest risk comes from players reporting, because everything is logged and if a GM does review your account then coordinate and/or time based pathing repeated for long cycles can become very obvious, such as a player running a scenario that always teleports at XX:45ET every other hour to reach unspoiled nodes. No human player is going to teleport exactly every 6 minutes for 6 hours straight.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Kit.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

If you run the bot 24/7 you will spotted by someone anyway. Dont do that. Its just common sense.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.