Virus detection

Forum Forums Discussion Virus detection

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by lostcookie lostcookie 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lostcookie
    lostcookie
    Participant

I’ve been using Miqobot for over a year, but I’ve never got a virus alarm
    The only vaccine I use is Windows Defender

Virus → Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

I trust Miqobot, but… I’ve never seen this before

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    3+

Miqobot does not have any virus in it. It’s a false positive, this can happen time from time. You just need to whitelist it^^

dana
    Participant
    1+

maybe youve downloaded the new update, which needs to be whitelisted again.

Ral
    Ral
    Participant
    1+

I made a similar post quite awhile ago. It seems that it is very common and if you Google the name of what they say is a virus you will find it is very common and not a virus. It is just them seeing that Miqo can interact with FFXIV and maybe it uses code that other bots use.

It is safe and I would recommend doing a search to see yourself. I did and it all shows it is safe. Just a virus protector being extra safe which is a good thing in a way.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, this always happens with every new version release.
    False Positive is a bug in antivirus, but since we have no affiliation with antivirus vendors and have no access to their source code we can not help them fix it.

This is why there is a special entry in our FAQ section.

Even if you did not experience this problem before, it doesn’t mean that you never will. Antiviruses are updated often and each update has a chance to introduce a new false positive bug.
    We highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

lostcookie
    lostcookie
    Participant

Thank you, I already searched for it, but I couldn’t find anything in this version, so I thought something was wrong
    I’m enjoying fishing <3
    I’m using a translator, so I’m sorry if it was rude!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.