Using community grids dangerous?

Forum Forums Discussion Using community grids dangerous?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  derm 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andre3000
    Participant

Hey guys, just started taking a look at the bot you have here.

I have a quick question. Is using the premade community grids not dangerous as it would be easy to look up individuals who follow those specific patterns? I know this is a method used by some games companies and don’t see why Square wouldn’t; as such I was wondering if anyone had any insight into Squares anti-cheat or if Miqobot automatically adjusts it’s course slightly instead of following the grid exactly.

I’m working on my own grid of the diadem but it is a bit of a pain.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Andre3000.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    2+

I’ve seen many users using the grids here in-game since I started using Miqo back in the middle of Stormblood. It seems like most people just don’t care, and Square hasn’t seemed to step in. There are a couple of users on my world who leave their characters gathering like a week straight in the really obvious repeating patterns of the grids here, and have done so for years; they’re still there, just bouncing jaggedly from node to node, no apparent consequences.

Is it 100% safe? No. But I think it’s comfortably safe enough to use the community grids, but a compromise might be for you to tweak them to your liking and to change them up a bit. Since you know how to make the grids in the first place, I would think this should be a fairly easy task and save you a bunch of time.

Arc
    Arc

We currently have over 1200 different gathering grids and over 250 different automation Scenarios. I highly doubt making your own grids adds a lot to the security of mindful Miqobot usage.

derm
    Participant

So before i started using Miqo i was gathering legendary mats and noticed that its literally just bots.
    I mustve sent out 100+ reports over the next week since its sooo easy to see, everybody arrives at the nodes at the exact same time, leaves at the exact same time and takes basically the same grid.

Nothing ever happened so i said fuck it and googled ff14 bots. First using the bot i used it for a couple of months literally 24/7 (which people tell you not to do) but nothing ever happened.
    So maybe im just lucky or maybe they dont give a single fuck.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

You were just lucky. There are people who got banned by running 24/7. Dont do that.

derm
    Participant

You were just lucky. There are people who got banned by running 24/7. Dont do that.

See? 😀
    But i don’t think anýone who cares about getting banned should be doing what i do.
    To be fair i basically do modify any grid i actually run for any longer timeframe. Not to avoid detection tbh just to optimize it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.