Unreasonable CPU usage while Idle

Forum Forums Discussion Unreasonable CPU usage while Idle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andylynyn 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andylynyn
    Participant

I’ve been a staunch defender of the way Miqo handles things..

But I couldn’t help but notice this recently: It tends to use about 15%-20% of my CPU while idle, as in, not doing anything.

On a Ryzen 3600X that’s 75% to 100% usage of one entire core, doing supposedly nothing.

I don’t understand the why behind it, but surely monitoring for data can’t take that much processing power.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

If you unfold the entry related to Miqobot in your Task Manager, you may notice that it contains two processes:

• miqobot.exe
    • miqoradar.exe

Miqoradar is an overlay application that renders additional data on top of your game window. The rendering process performs at the same frequency as your game FPS (or lower, if there is a lot of data to handle). It consumes CPU resources to draw the overlay window, not the GPU, and therefore requires quite a significant chunk of processing power.

If you wish to prevent it from happening, you can disable the 3D Radar.
    Here is the list of settings that must be disabled in order to deactivate 3D Radar overlay completely:

1. 3D Radar tab -> Show -> Nothing.
    2. 3D Radar tab -> Show FATEs -> List / World.
    3. 3D Radar tab -> Show Gathering -> Out of reach.
    4. Navigation tab -> Show on radar.
    5. Gold Saucer tab -> Racing -> Show -> Rails / Mid-rail / Progress / Waypoints.
    6. Combat tab -> 3D Radar -> Show arena.
    7. Combat tab -> Assist -> Pause -> Show pause status.

You can verify that 3D Radar is deactivated by looking at the top left corner of the game.

• If you see a transparent box, it means 3D Radar application is rendering the overlay window.
    • If the top left corner is empty, it means 3D Radar application is deactivated.

Andylynyn
    Participant

Ah! That was exactly it. I completely forgot I left the PoTD Radar on.

Thank you very much for the swift explanation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.