Trust vs Squadron

Forum Forums Discussion Trust vs Squadron

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

redwolfred
    Participant

Does Miqo run low level trusts with the duty.. trust.. finder interface, or are squadrons still needed? Is one more efficient than the other?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Miqo can run dungeons with any npc party and even solo unsynced. But duty support ui was added after the war started so Miqo devs didnt have time to implement it. So if you want to use duty support you have to launch it manually and activate Miqo after that.

Squadrons are 2x more efficient than trusts.

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

Am I correct to assume that “Miqo can run dungeons with any npc party” in assist mode only? Or am I misunderstanding?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I was talking about automated dungeon runs.

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

That’s why I’m confused. Under the combat tab, squadrons and assist… how do you use Miqo to run another dungeon not already listed under the squadrons menu? If I mannually load into any other dungeon that is not listed…. What do I select to make her take over? I’ve looked through the “help” page associated with the combat tab and I don’t see an answer. I’ve also looked in the scenarios and grids forums and don’t see anything for other dungeons not already listed in the combat tab (Halatali, Stone Vigil, Sohm Al, Holminster Switch, Qitana Ravel, Heros Gauntlet, and Unsynced Garuda Ex). Wheres the magic button to use Miqo for other dungeons not listed?

redwolfred
    Participant
    2+

if you want to run, say, Mt. Gulg, you go in as a Trust, you switch to Assist Mode, and hit ‘start’. Miqo will then fight for you, but you will have to steer her, dodge aoes yourself, and select your own targets, she will only do the appropriate rotations. This works for every single dungeon out there, be it a trust, a squadron, a duty finder party, a raid..

But having to do your own steering and dodging of mechanics is not exactly what most people want. Miqo will ONLY self-run, mechanics loot and all, the ones listed in her dropdown menu.

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

Thanks! That was the impression I was under as well which is what made me question the statement above that Miqo will run all dungeons but only after initiating the dungeon manually (due to UI). And since the statement didn’t specifically say that Miqo will run in ASSIST mode all dungeons… lent to the idea that I was under the wrong impression. Thanks for confirming.

redwolfred
    Participant
    1+

Lyfox probably hadn’t felt the need to be that specific, as my question was (to me anyway) pretty much focused on Miqo’s automated low-level runs. As much as I hope for more dungeons in the future, especially one in the 60-70 bracket, I definitely know it’s nowhere near a priority. Assist mode gets me through them quite nicely if I want to mostly focus on watching tv!

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

I think I put out the wrong impression. I wasn’t trying to question him about what he was telling you. I was just trying to get clarification for my own understanding rather than starting an entire new thread just to get an idea if I was missing something or if my understanding was correct. I appreciate you taking the time and confirming for me. Happy early Halloween 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I didnt say Miqo can run any dungeon. I said Miqo can run dungeons with any npc party be it trusts, squadrons, or duty support. Of course the dungeon youre running must be listed as a supported one.

Lets say youre running Stone Vigil. Miqo knows how to queue it with squadrons only. But you can queue it with duty support and Miqo will handle it just fine. You can also queue it solo unsynced and Miqo will handle it too. So you can choose any npc party or no party at all as long as the dungeon is listed in Miqo.

Apologies for any confusion.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.