Trial Update

Forum Forums Discussion Trial Update

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DarkSeed
    DarkSeed
    Participant

I like the direction and Features this bot offers, but I don’t want to spend money on something I can’t feasibly try 1st, I want to watch the character movements and fluidity of actions to base my own judgement of whether it looks and acts like a real player, I’ve seen a lot of gathering bots on lately that have such bad movement you can almost instantly tell they are bots, an example I’ll use is when two gathering nodes are close together a normal player will NOT mount up to walk a few inches just to unmount and gather again. nor will a player dismount waaaay above the node to cause themselves damage to get to the two close together Nodes.

I contacted Support a few months ago to ask about a Trial and then again a few days ago getting the exact same copy and paste response of check back again in a few weeks.

So when will the trial be a thing once again?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Indeed, we are very sorry, but we still haven’t managed to restore our trial mode.
    At the moment we are overwhelmed with the amount of work to do. There are many important feature upgrades which must be released before the Shadowbringers expansion, and they are currently our top priority.

We sincerely apologize for inconvenience.

DarkSeed
    DarkSeed
    Participant

I understand this, but wouldn’t a Trial give you more customers which in turn would give you more money to pay the bills and make hiring new coders easier to relieve the stress of getting things done on time?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Yes, you are correct.
    However, at this stage of development it takes about 6 months to hire, teach, and fully integrate a new team member. There is simply not enough time until the Shadowbringers expansion.

At this time we would rather focus on delivering new features and fulfilling our promises to the community. If this decision brings us less income in the end, then it is a sacrifice we’re willing to make.

Arc
    Arc

I like the direction and Features this bot offers, but I don’t want to spend money on something I can’t feasibly try 1st, I want to watch the character movements and fluidity of actions to base my own judgement of whether it looks and acts like a real player

That is reasonable.

an example I’ll use is when two gathering nodes are close together a normal player will NOT mount up to walk a few inches just to unmount and gather again

This completely depends on the grids that are made by the community. Miqobot does not work with completely autonomously-integrated and clunky gathering routes, like many bots do. It relies completely on gathering routes that are made by other players and are released here within the community.
    Things like mount or unmount are completely determined by the grid creator for every single grid-waypoint and I dare to say, that the community made grids got up to a pretty damn good standard over the years. Those grids look pretty natural and they engage in natural player behaviour (like e.g. just clicking a node just to trigger it for unspoiled nodes to appear, but not mine anything, because it’s useless).

nor will a player dismount waaaay above the node to cause themselves damage to get to the two close together Nodes

This doesn’t work in Final Fantasy XIV. When you try to unmount in the air, your mount lowers down to the ground automatically and then, when you’re on ground level you will dismount. However most community grids don’t do this. Instead they land your mount in a natural way, right in front of the node.
    Grids are made via recorded player movement and waypoint adjustment anyway.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

You should consider buying one month of the bot to try it, I have the feeling you’re wasting precious time waiting, and that you will end up disappointed you waited so long before finally get into it, that you could have saved so many hours (and therefore money) if you had buy it the day you found out about it.

DarkSeed
    DarkSeed
    Participant
    1+

I’ll give it a Try, I mean I guess I’ve thrown $10 away on less useful Things before, if it would have just been Miqobot that came in and gave me a response I wouldn’t have bothered but to see other users here and in less than 24hrs gives me a bit of confidence that I may not be disappointed. you have swayed me with your confident words

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Have fun with Miqobot, she’s a funny girl. Play safe, play smart, and don’t forget that the movements you’ll see on your screen are round up on other people screen, due to the netcode, and therefore they look less rigid and more natural than what you may think.
    And those movements have been upgraded since for the combat mode, in the fully automated Squadron Dungeon, and that enhanced version of movements will be implemented in the Gathering feature in a future version.

The community here is quick to answer any question you may have. The search button is at the root of the forum. And Miqobot has an help button in every tab of the bot, linking you to a full documentation, and there’s also a “?” button giving you access to all the commands of the scenario engine.

You’ll see that Miqobot is quite a piece of software, with full of surprising stuffs like being able to pick up something you already started, like mid-craft or even a Squadron Dungeon, her only complain will be “Heh did you start without me?”. Like I said, funny girl.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.