Tips for smoothing out movement credibility?

Forum Forums Discussion Tips for smoothing out movement credibility?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  chumpits2 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ciboule
    Participant

Hey, just started using miqobot and taking my time tweaking everything via the scenario scripter. Really flexible but just wondering what kind of tips you guys have to “normalize” movement so it’s not so inconsistent or jank at times for discretions sake?

Right now i’m testing by doing spiritbond tracks with 1* nodes and the general flow is
    Teleport
    goToXYZ() // Going to a point where I can go in a straight line to the first node of my GRID
    selectGrid(something)
    goToWayPointPrecise(0)
    startGathering()

With both gotoxyz and gotowaypoint, depending on the given angle that i reached it at there’s a large amount of pausing and camera adjusting. I see there’s a command for manipulating angle but even then i’m not sure how to apply this to reduce the awkward pauses that sometimes realign the camera for 2 or more seconds while i’m immobile

Any tips to smooth that out? Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Ciboule.
    Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

If I remember correctly, Sometimes you have add more waypoints and connect them. Think of it like a magnet to prevent your character from straying off path and suddenly following it.

Ciboule
    Participant

If I remember correctly, Sometimes you have add more waypoints and connect them. Think of it like a magnet to prevent your character from straying off path and suddenly following it.

Hmm i just tried it and it just seems to make it do a lot more stutter stepping through the waypoints albeit a little less longer. I wonder if that passes better since what I see isn’t what others do necessarily but I don’t know if it translates nicely since it’s still stuttering the movement a lot

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Ciboule.
    Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

Hmm i just tried it and it just seems to make it do a lot more stutter stepping through the waypoints albeit a little less longer. I wonder if that passes better since what I see isn’t what others do necessarily but I don’t know if it translates nicely since it’s still stuttering the movement a lot

Did you try this method?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ciboule
    Participant
    <a
    Did you try this method?

Hey nope I’m not exactly sure how that works, so both extreme waypoints have a cluster in the middle but they are all still a single line, how exactly does that work for prioritizing when scripting, i tell it to go to a random waypoint? I’m kind of confused on how to apply this

Lukaribro
    Participant

What you see on your client is no where near what other players see. I’ve tested all sorts of movement and watching one client from another, from same and drastically varied network routes, and one thing that’s extremely noticeable is that EVERYONE looks janky, which is to be expected from 10+ year old netcode for a game that doesn’t really need much precision. So much of the movement and display is client sided and the server updates only a small fraction of that movement compared to what your client displays as a way to save on network resources.

Lots of things make it obvious someone is botting, but the smoothness of the movement just isn’t one of them so you don’t really need to worry about that.

Ciboule
    Participant

What you see on your client is no where near what other players see. I’ve tested all sorts of movement and watching one client from another, from same and drastically varied network routes, and one thing that’s extremely noticeable is that EVERYONE looks janky, which is to be expected from 10+ year old netcode for a game that doesn’t really need much precision. So much of the movement and display is client sided and the server updates only a small fraction of that movement compared to what your client displays as a way to save on network resources.

Lots of things make it obvious someone is botting, but the smoothness of the movement just isn’t one of them so you don’t really need to worry about that.

Damn well alright i won’t get too caught up into it, so the normal things to lookout for would be probably randomizing my landing spot, doing randomized afk/wait timers for follow up actions perhaps and the likes i guess more than anything movement related?

Shizuka
    Participant

What is the most important is to not gather/craft in public for extended period of time. Just like Lukaribro said, your movement doesn’t look suspicious on other’s client due to latency, coding etc. but someone gathering blood tomato for 8h+ is sus so make sure to do a rotation in zones, mats, etc. Also, very important, Craft in your Squadron barracks too so no one can see you. it’s 100% safe that way.

For the grids, I usually do grids with a “human behaviour” in mind. Therefore, I just make my grid on the go as i gather myself for the first 1-2 runs then fix things to make sure it doesnt get stuck.

Edit* RandomAfk timer is great but i wouldn’t pay attention to landing spots. I did a 1 week scenario during my vacation came back from mexico ^^ was still working no bans, warnings anything. Just did gather like ~10h/day, some afk timers, craft ~6-8h then sleep time 4-6h~/day

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Shizuka.

chumpits2
    Participant

I’ve thought on this quite a bit and have noticed a few major things. I would say the biggest and most important question to ask yourself is, “Does the route look like what I’d actually be doing?” You’re not going to run around like a PacMan demo, you’re going to aim yourself directly at the next spot and auto-run. You’re not going to mount up and fly to a node you can reach in five seconds on foot. The best possible thing you could do is go and gather at a location for a while normally in edit mode, setting up waypoints as you go. Aside from keeping your waypoints different from everyone else’s, this also has the benefit of mirroring your own personal habits. “Do you usually run to the left or the right of that tree that’s in the way”, as an example.

One of the biggest give-aways is using the compass abilities. Remember, “you’re not a bot”. It’s ridiculous to think you wouldn’t know where the next node is at after a while, even when they spawn far enough away to not be seen on the minimap. Anyone even passingly familiar with bots or the gathering location will know you at a glance if they stick around a bit to watch(and it’s other players narcing on you that cause the majority of investigations). It also leaves a giant time-stamped tell in your logs, should the staff look at them. In short, you should never ever have the compass options enabled. Of course, this is a problem for some nodes since the next one won’t spawn close enough to be loaded into memory where miqo can see it.

I’ve found a couple workarounds for that. The first, somewhat inelegant one, is to make a large circuitous route with a beacon that miqo can latch onto coming from the out-of-range spot. Depending on your grid and node spots, there may be issues making sure she goes the right direction, doesn’t see a future node and try to go there first, or doesn’t start trying to loop between beacons if you have more than one. Ideally miqo would choose targets based on total grid line travel distance and reevaluate at every waypoint, but that’s not the case, so you have to figure out how best to nudge her for your situation. The other method is to use a scenario for problem locations instead of relying on the basic gathering function. This is more complicated to set up, but offers a superior granularity of control that bypasses potential quirks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.