The new things in Miqo

Forum Forums Discussion The new things in Miqo

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by kdumbledore kdumbledore 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Hey everyone!

It’s good to say that I’m back after a long break… I’m graduating from college and things are starting to look normal for me. Anyway, I wanted to have a discussion about the new things in Miqo…

Last I remember we weren’t allowed to touch our computer while the bot was running – perhaps I’m mistaken? Would anyone like to have a conversation and fill me in on the new and finer things in Miqo? I’m so excited to dive in and discover it for myself but would appreciate someone give me a pull-up over the ledge, so to speak.

Thanks!

Xion
    Participant

You’re ofc allowed do whatever you want but it’s not recommended to run the bot unattended for obvious reasons (aka not getting reported etc)

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Oh yeah, I have experience with that. What I was pointing at was, back in the day I couldn’t open another browser or run another application without interrupting the bot. I could have sworn that was the case back then, however, it’s been a long time so, I do not remember.

GoofMcLoof
    Participant

Miqo has never required you to walk away from your computer and not touch anything. From the very start it has been able to run in the background while you do other things on the same PC.

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Huh, how about that. Well then, I am mistaken! Thank you. I’m currently messing around with it now – trying to see what really changed. I see a lot of stuff got implemented since the summer of 2020. Going to explore them all.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

I find that is the case for me with most things, but certain scenarios that go through menu’s.. it can sometimes break the scenario if you move your mouse.

I.e., when I first started using miqo I got it for the sole purpose of house hunting. I got sick of the hand pain from the constant clicking for hours. If I moved my mouse, even with the game minimized, occasionally the options in the menu would get messed up and it’d get off track and miqo cannot get back on track without my manually stopping the scenario and restarting it. Same thing happens to me on the coffee biscuit leve turn in, and that one far more often so I just flat out sit back and don’t touch my laptop at all while running that scenario. Even in the first chapter it warns you to not move the mouse or it’ll break the scenario.

But really I only had issues on those two, and both of them are done entirely within menu’s and mimics your mouse moving constantly to choose different options in the menu.

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Ah, I figured there was some sort of action that interrupted the bot. Also, house hunting scenario. Would you still happen to have that? I’d like to buy a house fairly soon.

emtsu
    Participant

Big Daddy Lyfox (yes, that’s how I call him for creating so many wonderful things I’m constantly using) made one which i personally used to purchase 2 houses already.

iirc you can still use your mouse on a 2nd screen, but there have been times when the scenario glitched out for a while.
    The nice thing is, it usually auto-corrects itself after a few minutes – that was my experience at least.

Here you go: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/housing/#post-8068

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  emtsu.
    kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

I use one originally made by another person in these forums, but I tweaked it a little. Not a lot, but a tiny bit. Here are the scenario’s I use depending on if it’s for a personal or an FC that still needs a house.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.