Thank you Miqo

Forum Forums Discussion Thank you Miqo

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by soviras soviras 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Akula
    Akula
    Participant
    11+

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the devs and everyone involved in creating, managing, upkeeping the Miqobot & @miqobot community @lyfox and all others who post scenarios etc! 🙂
    I use Miqobot due to a health condition called fibromyalgia which is basically arthitus. Before miqobot I was unable to play for longer than an hour with my friends due to severe pain throughout my hands, arms.
    This has allowed me to enjoy the game without having to mash all the buttons (combat assist) and I wouldn’t be able to play the game without it.
    I know you are all working very hard to push the latest EW build and I patiently await playing again 🙂

I hope all of you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year

Best Wishes
    Akula.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Akula Akula.
    Abbazabbarex
    Abbazabbarex
    Participant

Yeah, I’m able to “play” without it, but arthritis means I don’t do anything but the MSQ basically.
    With Miqobot’s help I was able to see a lot more of the game in Shadowbringers.

bottybot
    Participant
    3+

I have a condition too, Miqobot allows me to play to a similar standard for raiding that I used to be able to play at. I play on both keyboard/mouse and controller and the pain I suffer is way lower when using a controller, it takes more getting used to and targeting can be a pain but its completely acceptable. Just thought I would would put that out there for anyone like the OP as it might help you.

xandia
    Participant

Same, I use it because I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which causes my joints to fall out of place randomly and hurt constantly, plus major arthritis in my hands. I love the game, but would not be able to play without accessible options like Miqobot. I am very excited for its return in the next couple of days!

xandia
    Participant

Sadly, my pain is worse with a controller than a keyboard, but I have tried it.

Fer
    Participant
    2+

Something that may be of interest to those with conditions that make gaming harder is the fairly new Xbox Adaptive Controller that also can be used on PCs. It’s specifically been made for accessibility, so may be something to look into for other games! I know 1 person who has it, and she has said that it really helps her be able to do more, such as play games with her younger brother.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant

Yet another end user here with a disability/chronic condition, and Miqobot is key to my enjoyment of FFXIV. Even just playing the MSQ has been a challenge for me without it at times. I am beyond thankful that this project has endured this long, and am really looking forward to having her back soon!

scristopher
    Participant

Hey guys, I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and have been trying to chug along in gaming. Controllers aren’t as bad as m/kb but still painful after a while. I only recently started playing this game as well, plus I’ve never used a bot before. Would you guys recommend this for a newbie like me? I can do the msq ok for a while but when it comes to all the side stuff it gets to be a bit much, especially after trying to grind the msq.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Hey guys, I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and have been trying to chug along in gaming. Controllers aren’t as bad as m/kb but still painful after a while. I only recently started playing this game as well, plus I’ve never used a bot before. Would you guys recommend this for a newbie like me? I can do the msq ok for a while but when it comes to all the side stuff it gets to be a bit much, especially after trying to grind the msq.

I would recommend it, as it is very beginner friendly. Most things are just checkboxes and buttons and boxes to input text for item names.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.