Target specific NPC and buy something

Forum Forums Discussion Target specific NPC and buy something

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tara 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tara
    Participant

Hey there!

I’ve set up my yellow script scenario. I am at the point where my char teleports to Gridania when one session is over, goes to Old Gridania and straight to the delivery NPC. From there, Miqobot will deliver all the Collectables and repair gear.

But I don’t know how I can make it to target the NPC right next to the delivery NPC and buy Everborn Aethersand HQ.
    I want Miqobot to buy as much as it can, until I don’t have any more scrips. Of course this depends on procs on the rotation itself, so is there a way or can it buy just a specific amount of it?

After the teleport to Gridania, it goes like this:

waypoint(2, GS)
    zoneGate()
    waypoint(3, GS2)
    job(MIN)
    deliverCollectables()
    repair()
    job(BTN)
    deliverCollectables()
    repair()

After that I don’t know how to do it D:

I tried it with
    key(f12, 1.5)
    key(4)
    key(4)

But if someone is beside me or there is a pet just next to me, this will break the scenario

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Tara.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Tara.

Tara
    Participant

I’ve tried moving closer to the NPC

and tried this

key(f12)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num6, 2.0) Cursor Wake Up
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num8, 1)
    key(num6, 1)
    key(num0, 1) //
    key(num2, 3) //
    key(num4, 1)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num2, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

This works to the point where I marked it with //

My goal is to move to the desired item, move the cursor to the right with num6(works) then enter the number with num0 and go down with num2, this will put the maximum number I can buy.

It works…when I do it manually, Miqobot just clicks one tab and then goes down the menu. Not sure why, it works, when I do it, it doesnt work, when Miqo does it. :I

Also sometimes it will skip one “num8”. I am not sure why. Im not in the right menu then.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Tara.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

F12 targets the closest NPC. So you just have to move a little to make that NPC closer. And then key(f12).

As for buying you can simply use key() functions again to position cursor on the item you want to buy. Then do this:

key(num6, 0.5) //cursor right
    key(num9, 0.5) //set max
    key(num4, 0.5) //cursor left

This will select quantity and set the max possible amount you can buy. Num7/Num9 work like +1/-1 on quantity fields and -1 wraps around 0 to max.

I did something similar to help Nyaughty a while ago. Take a look: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-request-buying-landmastershandmasters-ring/
    I can make a full chapter for buying Aethersands if you still need it. Let me know.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

My goal is to move to the desired item, move the cursor to the right with num6(works) then enter the number with num0 and go down with num2, this will put the maximum number I can buy.

Yea use Num9 to set maximum number.

Also sometimes it will skip one “num8”. I am not sure why. Im not in the right menu then.

This can happen if you move mouse while key() functions are in progress. Be careful and dont move mouse.

Tara
    Participant

Yea use Num9 to set maximum number.

Ok, will do!

This can happen if you move mouse while key() functions are in progress. Be careful and dont move mouse.

Only in FFXIV? Or in general?

Also, how do I close the window?
    key(esc) doesn’t seem to work. D:
    key(escape) doesn’t work also.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Only in FFXIV? Or in general?

In general regardless of FFXIV focus.
    Whenever mouse is moved over game window it breaks ingame cursor and you have to use another key() to wake it up again.

Also, how do I close the window?
    key(esc) doesn’t seem to work. D:
    key(escape) doesn’t work also.

Esc should be enclosed in {}. Like this: key({esc})

Tara
    Participant

Okay, thanks! Well I like to put FFXIV in 1280×720 Windowed and move it to my 2nd monitor when I use Miqobot, so I can see whats happening and play something else in the meantime.
    My cursor is not over the FFXIV Window but instead on the game I am playing.
    Or when I browse the web, while FFXIV is on my second monitor

Will this work?
    Also does an original XBox 360 Controller interfere with something? I’ve disabled the option for FFXIV to use my controller, but I am not sure how Miqobot will handle this.

Example for Rocket League or Monster Hunter.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea should be perfectly fine on 2nd monitor i do that all the time.
    Not sure about controllers but afaik they dont interfere with anything on system level so it should be safe.

Tara
    Participant

Ok, thank you! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.