Take care

Forum Forums Discussion Take care

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

Hello everyone…

As I was too careless I got what propably most of you would fear:
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail because on X/X/XXXX you breached the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

We have confirmed that you have violated the following rules and agreements upon an investigation.
    ——————
    SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE AND OUR PRIVACY POLICY
    1. Registered Users
    Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
    (b) You represent and warrant that all registration information is truthful and accurate and that you will maintain the accuracy of such information;

FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement
    2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.
    ——————

The suspension will last a minimum of 72 hours starting upon receipt of this e-mail notification until XXXX/XX/XX 0:00 (GMT) during which time you will be unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV or your service account.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

As I wasn’t using miqo at that time, but only a few days before for farming mgp over night I’m confirming, that SE bans in waves and that you should really never use it without supervising it (although I didn’t see any GM pm’ing as an investigative control when I checked my chatlog on the next day).

Now I just hope, that this ban won’t be permanent and really be lifted on the date they stated in the e-mail, because I’ve put over a year of effort into this account 🙁

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Arc Arc.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

That sucks, I’m curious though how were you farming MGP?

Arc
    Arc
    1+

I was farming MGP via minigames with the standart settings. Nothing special.

There’s still the possibility, that my former FC leader with whom I had a fight half a year ago reported me, but somehow I doubt that’s the case :/

gregye
    gregye
    Participant

Unless you farmed for 8-10 hours strait without a pause I guess he reportet you. …

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Around 8 hours. As I said, I was sleeping :/
    But I already did this last year, and even more. When I was farming for my fenrir I had miqo farm for 2 days straight and no problem with that :s

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

I think switching between games especially with how many people are playing mini games right now is causing unwanted attention. I think its much less obvious if you stay at one game for a long period. If you are at one game people don’t know if you are AFK or playing. I’ve seen FC mates fall asleep at the keyboard playing mini games and non thought the wiser but seeing someone move on the same path every 10 minutes at 3am well…

gregye
    gregye
    Participant

You sad standart settings.
    I changed mine but there should be a pause every so often right?

Arc
    Arc
    1+

It does like 10x the wood chopping minigame, then runs to the miner minigame, does it once, runs back to the wood chopping and every 30 or so minutes it runs to the middle and takes 10 minutes of a break :s

gregye
    gregye
    Participant

So you had some pause.

Dunno unless they track how good you are I would say your fc leader reportet you.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

It looks like SE banned you for violating another reason, they mentioned 2 reasons, including this one:

“Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
    (b) You represent and warrant that all registration information is truthful and accurate and that you will maintain the accuracy of such information;”

Isn’t this one, in combination with the other one that triggered the ban?
    What did you do to violate this one, because I think it’s an important violation for them.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

My condolences.
    And thanks for sharing its a good reminder for us to always be smart. 8 hours unattended is way too long. Considering there were only 15 temp bans this week youve hit the jackpot: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/acb2b05f6198d31647064c4463450096d91690ac

Accounts receiving temporary ban: 15

Somebody definitely reported you.
    And then like Carl Arbogast said it could trigger verification of your registration data.

Arc
    Arc

@Carl Arbogast: From what I’ve googled, other people who got a botting ban and received the most recent formatting of suspension e-mail like me also had this quote in their e-mail. I’m still going to contact SE support as soon as it’s open and ask about that specific part of the accusations, because all of my registration info was accurate.

@lyfox: Thanks. I just hope it really is just temporary and doesn’t go into termination of my service account… Besides thecountless hours of gameplay there’s also invaluable content that I wouldn’t be getting back, even if I made a new account, like the shining whisper mount or any other event item and emote 🙁

Arc
    Arc

Just talked to SE Support and they told me it’s unlikely my account will be terminated for this kind of offense, especially if it’s my forst offense against the ToS (which it is). I’m so relieved. I just hope now, that on the stated date I can access the game again, which is soon…

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

This is good. Glad its resolving nicely in the end.
    Id advise to stay away from Gold Saucer grind for a few days. Whoever did this to you might be still there lurking.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

I’m not using miqobot for farming anymore anyways. I’m mainly using it for tedious crafting of high level recipes because I don’t want to sit there half an hour spamming Rath’s rotation.

And I have a really good guess. My former FC leader seems to still hold a grudge against me after half a year, because:
    tl:dr; I “stole his house”.

Long story:
    He left the FC for 4 months to play WoW and I obtained leadership automatically by the system. I built up the 3 people FC to a 15 people FC, spent millions I earned through crafting into house decoration and airship crafting and when he came back because he and his gf couldn’t stand people in WoW only looking at DPS parses he didn’t even want the leadership back because he said it’s to tedious.
    Then a few months later we started raiding savage content with a full static consisting of me + my gf + him + his gf and 4 other people. We struggled to kill A9S and it took us like 1,5 hours until we killed it.
    A few days later I told him, that his gf should take a look at her dps rotation again, since she could have performed better (she had like 1200 dps in A9S with i260 gear as a bard), which caused him to explode internally. He went into a rampage, called all of us tryhards who think they’re pro because we look at dps parses and the we should leave his FC.
    After 12 hours of WhatsApp discussions (yes, 12 hours) he became so offensive that I kicked him. Then he threatened me to report me for botting and buying gil so I get a perma ban. I even gave that asshole all the items he bought for the house plus 30 million gil back (which he said was the price for the medium house at that time).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.