Suggestion: Sightseeing 3DRadar Filter

Forum Forums Discussion Suggestion: Sightseeing 3DRadar Filter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chomosuke
    Chomosuke
    Participant

As title says. If you set the 3D radar to “all” it shows the sightseeing vistas by default as an object in the world. It would be cool to add it as a manual selection to display, or more fine tuned control over which elements to display via radar that we could assemble into our own presets. Maybe a way to dial back the range of the radar would work, since the main issue for me is seeing everything a mile away all jumbled together. Not a priority request, just something that’d be cool to toss in if another development project is jamming up the works and you wanna release something small in-between.

Edit: I haven’t experimented much with the “filter by name” setting yet, but from what I’ve seen the vistas don’t have names to filter. I’ll test it a bit. Attached a photo anyway of the vista.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Chomosuke Chomosuke.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chomosuke
    Chomosuke
    Participant

So if you enable “guess object type” and filter it out to just (object) it will work sometimes. Other times it looks like this

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Chomosuke Chomosuke.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, we have tried to implement this feature a while ago, but there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution.
    Vista objects do not have a distinctive identifier which can be implemented as a simple filter. The only viable method would be to create an internal database of vista locations with additional overhead of updating them after every expansion.
    Since this feature is currently not in demand, it is classified as low priority.

We will conduct additional research to see if there’s another way.
    Thank you for your request.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.