Suggestion: Scripting Multiple Scenarios

Forum Forums Discussion Suggestion: Scripting Multiple Scenarios

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tomarnk
    Participant
    1+

This is a suggestion I would love to see but expect would be later in development.

I would like to be able to call scenarios from a new tab. For example, if I have 4 scenarios:

GatherRed- Gather red scripts for one in game day.
    GatherYellow- Gather yellow scripts for one day ingame.
    Retainers- Check all retainers and redeploy.
    BulkCraft- Craft a bunch of items I specify

I would like to call:

Scenario(GatherRed)
    Scenario(Retainers)
    RepeatChapter(2)

Then there could be a second “Chapter” in this new tab where I could run

workFor(01:03)
    Scenario(Bulkcraft)
    Scenario(Retainers)
    repeatChapter(5) //number of hours I expect to need to run bulkcraft to get all my stuff finished

Then a third “Chapter”

Scenario(GatherRed)
    Scenario(Retainers)
    RepeatChapter(2)

and so on.

I am aware I can take a scenario and manually append all the chapters from another to get this result or something close, however in my brain, being able to “modularize” and then set time constraints around a given scenario (assuming a run of the scenario takes less time than my constraints) would allow much flexibility and obfuscation of actions.

I’m in no rush for this feature, and understand that with enough chapters in a scenario I can come close but I would love a world where I could compartmentalize like follows:

GatherRedScripts
    Retainers
    TurninRedForItemX
    TurninforGCSeals
    GatherRedScripts
    Retainers
    TurninRedForBlueToken
    GatherHighendMats

I’m hope you can see where I am going and the potential. I have no idea what it would take to have a tab at a higher “scope” that can see returns from the scenario engine functions, so have no notion of development costs. Maybe you could take a look into the costs after combat?

Thanks for all the amazing work with Miqo so far!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, we have plans for additional control functions in scenario toolset, including linking several scenarios together the way you described.
    We will be working on scenario upgrades after we complete the core Combat system.

Thank you for your request very much!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.