[Suggestion] Scenario Script

Forum Forums Discussion [Suggestion] Scenario Script

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

fshnchps
    Participant
    1+

I’ve been using the scenario script for awhile, and dang is it useful.
    However, when I try to combine multiple scenarios it’s kind of a bother to copy paste and create like 15 different chapters.

It would be nice if the scenario has a script to run another scenario.

using something like startScenario(BTN-CobaltOre,2,50)
    Parameters(scenario,chapter,repeatChapter#)
    And example this kind of startScenario will ignore all other repeat’s and would use it’s own repeat based on the Main Scenario running the command.

That would make it easier to setup independent scenarios to rotate between different things to farm.
    Or just the ability to really start another scenario instead.

It would also be nice to have another kind of repeat option
    For example

All in 1 chapter
    koCheckpoint(10)
    teleport(Camp Bronze Lake)
    job(MIN)
    gatherPreset([45] Electrum Ore)
    waypoint(8)
    repairNpc()
    waypoint(14)

repeatBlock(start) — Start of the repeat, will cycle back to here on each repeat
    gatherRotation(Yield2)
    startGathering(1)
    gatherRotation(Nothing)
    startGathering(2)
    repeatBlock(50) — everytime it reaches here, it would find the previous repeatBlock(start) and go back there until it reaches 50 repeats then continue instead of using an entire chapter to repeat it. (For less cluttering in scenario)

koCheckpoint(10)
    job(MIN)
    teleport(Ceruleum Processing Plant)
    gatherPreset([50] Mining – North Than)
    waypoint(24)
    repairNpc()
    waypoint(3)

repeatBlock(start)
    gatherRotation(Yield2)
    startGathering(1)
    gatherRotation(Nothing)
    startGathering(2)
    repeatBlock(50)

repeatChapter(100)

Normally, I would have to separate this into 4 chapters which was quite bothersome when I wanted it to rotate multiple things, especially tripled whenever I had to create the scenario to also gather something specific, then at a certain time for unspoiled node to go there and then come back repeat until another spoiled node etc. Which easily ended up with 15 scenarios.

I’m sure my idea could be improved upon but, I’m not sure how you guys programmed your scenario engine so, I’m just giving out my idea here hopefully it might be useful for any improvements.

If you look at my attachment, it really has a lot of chapters just to rotate between every Shard.
    It’s a scenario to be gathering all kind of shards automatically.

Another kind of improvement, is to have a SubChapter that will trigger if condition is met only after “repeat” commands.
    Example a SubChapter that has the condition: Eorzean Time 05:00 then it will teleport to a place, switch to BTN, go to unpoiled node waypoint, and wait for a few minutes to regenerate GP, which can be done already with normal scenario. Gather it, then end subchapter.
    It will then just continue repeating where it left off from the normal chapters.
    As it is now, I would have to create a new couple of chapters to make it repeat the primary thing It was meant to gather.
    So to sum it up
    Sub Scenarios
    Only triggers whenever a REPEAT command is triggered.
    And meets example: A time condition
    Upon completion: returns to wherever it left off
    Check Box within SubScenario list – this would be to enable-disable certain sub scenario if you don’t want them to be checked for whenever a repeat command is done.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, we have plans to expand scenarios potential after we complete the core Combat system.
    Please note however that Scenario Engine is designed with simplicity being a priority, so it does not offer as much flexibility as a programming language. But we will try to implement features that offer a similar functionality to what you describe.

Thank you for your request!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.