[Suggestion] Forum Moderators

Forum Forums Discussion [Suggestion] Forum Moderators

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Trypsin 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    5+

While I know the Miqo team has said before they don’t want to add devs, maybe some of the workload can be taken off by having some forum moderators. Even something as simple as being able to keep Indexes up to date could be a big help I feel.

Thoughts / Opinions on the idea?

pyro401
    Participant

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice if indexes were up to date. The home page is out of date on features offered as well. It doesn’t really mention the scripting or combat functions that have been added. Maybe one or two community mods would be a nice addition to the forum.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

I feel like miqo is doing a good enough job herself in managing the forum. They’ve said multiple times they devs are real players like the rest of us and thus have to play thru the game to push out features, so its only natural its going to take awhile for things to settle down. The forum already has a search function, so if someone is looking for something in particular it isnt exactly hard to find, even if the indexes arent up to date.

I do agree on the “upcoming” features or the QoL changes scheduled/being worked on needs better management, I dont think I’ve seen a list of these things, just snippets of info Miqo throws here and there in different threads.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

What can moderator do that common users can’t? Close/delete topics, edit/delete posts, suspend users, ban spam bots. Do you see any need for such extreme measures? Often enough? I don’t.

If you want to be helpful, just answer to newbie questions (given that you are 90%+ sure Miqobot representative would give the same answer) – like Lyfox, Arc, Carl and LutBot do, for example… you don’t need any special status for that.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

Even if it was just keeping indexes up to date or closing repetitive question threads with a link to the answer, it could take however much time off the Miqo team they spend doing that.

Arc
    Arc

If you want to be helpful, just answer to newbie questions (given that you are 90%+ sure Miqobot representative would give the same answer) – like Lyfox, Arc, Carl and LutBot do, for example… you don’t need any special status for that.

First of all, I feel honored getting mentioned in the same line as Lyfox, Carl and LutBot 🙂

Now towards your question of what that would do?:
    I think the main benefit of having forum moderators would be, what you just said: Close/delete topics, edit/delete posts

Basically what kontu said. Just closing repetitive questions with an answer would already be more than enough, since then Miqo wouldn’t even need to look at that anymore and save a lot of time.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Arc Arc.

pyro401
    Participant

Yeah there are a lot of replies spread out across the forum. There are also a ton of duplicate questions. If we could get a mod that would just maintain the grid links that would be nice. I would also like to see a blog style post where all of the planned features/not planned features for updates would be maintained so we don’t get a million “When will X be ready posts”.

Trypsin
    Participant

I think a good addon to the Miqobot would be to review our gear sets saved and to move excess gear from the Armory back into the inventory. This would allow people to quickly manage the limited space within their Armory Chests.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.