Suggestion for Scenarios if not already possible

Forum Forums Discussion Suggestion for Scenarios if not already possible

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant

Not sure if this is possible already, but one request which would make scenarios even better would be able to call another scenario/chain scenarios together.

Now the main reason this is beneficial is due to the repeatall() function and expanding the flexibility of chaining different activities together.

For example, I currently run a few different scenarios depending on what I need at the current time, these include:

-Squadron missions to level from 20-70 as I still have a few classes to level and this cuts out the old content part of it
    -A custom scenario for gathering needs depending on what I’m getting low on (I have a master list similar to what someone made for ShB nodes, and then I cherry pick chapters to put in a “Gathering Target” scenario to run overnight)
    -A custom scenario for crafting needs depending on what I’m currently getting low on (similar to gathering, I have a master crafting scenario I cherry pick chapters from such as grade 2 tinctures, food, and mats)
    -MGP farm
    -White/Yellow Scrip Farm with custom turn-in scenario to buy whatever materia/2 star food ingredient I currently need
    -Aethersand farm
    -Leve turn-in scenario I made for when I get close to 100 Leves as I’m trying to get the Honest Gillionaire title

Now due to the complexity/number of chapters in these scenarios, it’s not very easy to chain these together since some of the scenarios are one and done (Custom gathering/crafting) while others I want to use repeatall(). What would add more flexibility to custom scenarios would be to reference existing Scenarios, so for example I can call my Custom Gathering and Crafting scenarios in Chapter 1 and 2 which only run once, then in Chapter 3 I could call my Aethersand Farm Scenario which has a repeatall(5) embedded in it to run for ~5 hours, then I could call MGP Farm which has repeatall(3), then I could call my Squadron Mission Scenario which runs 10 times to level to the next level dungeon, etc.

I use this bot alot when I leave to work in the morning and this would allow me to get more things done during the day instead of just picking 1-2 scenarios that are easier to chain together.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Strife025 Strife025.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, this feature has already been requested and added to our development plans. We will be working on Scenario Engine improvements after we complete the core Combat system.
    Please note however that Scenario Engine is designed with simplicity being a priority, so it does not offer as much flexibility as a programming language. But we will try to implement a feature that offers a similar functionality to what you describe.

Thank you for your request!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.