Suggestion for PotD

Forum Forums Discussion Suggestion for PotD

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc
    1+

Hey there,

yes, we all are pretty angry about SE changing hoards from client side to server side and all of us not being able to see them anymore. I personally am especially angry about this, since I really really want the achievment for having found 100 hoards without using a pomander, so I thought about that a little bit.
    The idea I came up with is pretty simple: You could actually do the same for hoards as you did with traps = gathering data on the server about hoards (for example if someone accidentally reveals a hoard or also when one is found via pomander).

Having a database with possible hoard locations wouldn’t resolve the issue completely, but it would be helpful. For those who want that achievment it would be especially helpful since I think it would be pretty easy gathering data from floors 1-10 for hidden chests and a lot of data would be gathered in no time.
    You could make a separate checkbox for “show possible hidden hoards” so the screen doesn’t get too cluttered.

I hope you like this idea 🙂

Best regards

LHalfish
    Participant

I may be wrong on this but I’m pretty sure the Hoards use the same spawn points as traps…so you could just go stand in traps for 5 seconds I suppose.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

They do not spawn on the same points as traps, they have their own spawn map. Some are near traps or on the same spot, but not all are.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Exactly. They occasionally spawn on the same location as traps but that’s rather rare. I remember when hoards still worked. Got 90 hoards so far just thanks to Miqobot.

srs177
    Participant

Seems like a good idea. The traps thing is still really useful & I can imagine this would be similar in execution?

Anything to report about POTD Miqobot?

Ark
    Participant

Pretty happy I got the achievement while this still worked.
    But if we get this we need finer controls about what is showing.
    At the moment I can´t play with the “there may be a trap” markers, they are just too many.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Our traps server has been working 24/7 for the past few months.
    Unfortunately hoards data is extremely slow to accumulate, and it is only now that we can finally complete the analysis.

• There is 98% data correlation between hoards and traps at floors 51-200.
    • There is 70% data correlation between hoards and traps at floors 1-50.

If you want to witness it yourself, you can use this sample of hoards data that we compiled into a portable grid preset.

1. Download the attachment.
    2. In Miqobot, press Share -> Import.
    3. Select the downloaded text file.
    4. Two grids will be imported: ‘Hoards – Floor 11’ and ‘Hoards – Floor 61’.
    5. Switch to Navigation tab, select the one you want to test, and enable ‘Show on radar’.

You will see blue squares on the screen, they represent known hoard locations. Next, open Advanced Settings and enable ‘Show known trap locations’ for PotD mode.
    When you enter Palace of the Dead, you will see that most traps overlap with hoards.

It means that @LHalfish is correct. You can interpret known traps as possible hoard locations.
    And yes, unfortunately in this case it becomes a rather uncomfortable feature to use.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

However, if it’s the achievement you are after then it’s much easier to accomplish than it seems.

When you run Palace of the Dead as a fixed party (solo as well), all your pomanders are saved in your fixed party slot. And when you die or leave PotD in progress, pomanders will be reset to what is saved in that slot.
    In addition, Hoards Achievement progress never goes down – even if you die or leave PotD.

So here is an easy recipe to earn the achievement:

1. Start Palace of the Dead – Floors 1-10 (solo).
    2. Try to save as many Pomanders of Safety as possible till Floor 11.
    3. Try to gain the highest level possible. Take your time to earn extra experience points. It will make achievement farm easier.
    4. Enter Floor 11 and enable ‘Hoards – Floor 11’ grid from the previous post.
    5. Use a Pomander of Safety to remove unnecessary traps. Known trap locations will still be shown.
    6. Proceed through the floor and step on every known trap (yellow) or hoard (blue) on your screen.
    7. When you find a hoard, confirm that your achievement progress has increased.
    8. Leave Palace of the Dead and restart from Step #5.

This way you can re-enter Floor 11 as many times as you want with Pomanders of Safety always in your inventory.
    You can also try exploring up to Floor 13 if you managed to save up to three Pomanders of Safety.

Remember that each floor has a roughly 33% chance to spawn an Accursed Hoard. So if you go through all rooms and do not encounter a hidden hoard, don’t worry and just proceed to the next floor.

Of course, you can use this method at any set of floors. But Floors 11-20 have the least density of possible spots that you will have to explore.
    This is the best choice for farming Of the Sixth Sense title.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

This is awesome!
    I just got my title and this method is pretty good. Thanks a lot 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.