Steer Power in Chocobo Racing

Forum Forums Discussion Steer Power in Chocobo Racing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kailoren 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kailoren
    Participant

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i’m struggling to fully understand the benefit of the steer power when chocobo racing. The waypoints are set by the path you choose, so i’m assuming it has no real say in where you go (as i’ve noticed a lot of pathing has your chocobo running on the outside of a turn losing time). From my quick testing I didn’t really see a noticeable benefit from increasing the steer power value above 1.

So how does it actually affect your chocobo in the race, and is it worth changing it at all?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Its latency related. You wont notice any difference unless your game latency is very high or very slow when compared to what author had when they recorded the waypoints. I cant describe it better than the guide did so take a look: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-chocobo-racing/#steer-power
    On top of that your chocobo cunning stat may also affect this since it makes your bird more responsive to commands.

In short if you dont see any benefit then most likely there is none.

kailoren
    Participant

ahhh that’s really helpful actually! I had noticed that my chocobo snakes around especially at lower levels, maybe some fine tuning will reduce it. I didn’t even notice it at the time but after reading the guide it makes sense. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.