Spearfishing log weirdness

Forum Forums Discussion Spearfishing log weirdness

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Krude
    Participant

Not exactly a breaking bug, but here’s something odd i came across when spearfishing @ Tamamizu.

(19:53:12) Yay! Spearfish!
    (19:53:14) 0x4EBB, 14.7 ilms, 62 lvl, nq, Sammlersinn-Materia III
    (19:53:23) Yay! Spearfish!
    (19:53:25) 0x4EB0, 0.9 ilms, 61 lvl, nq, eine //Wendeltreppenschnecke
    (19:53:31) Yay! Spearfish!
    (19:53:34) 0x4ED3, 26.4 ilms, 65 lvl, nq, die //Schwertspitze
    (19:53:42) Yay! Spearfish!
    (19:53:45) 0x4EBB, 9.9 ilms, 62 lvl, nq, einen //Zwerg-Flügelrossfisch
    (19:53:47) My precious shiny sparkles! (1/30)

The first and last fish was a little dragonfish, the second one a wentletrap and the third a swordtip. It was the first time i had ever caught the first and third fish.
    Now, the log identifies the second to fourth fish just fine, but the first one is, apparently, a “Gatherer’s Grasp Materia III”.
    I thought it might have something to do with Miqo misreading the fish when it’s the first time you catch one of that type, but it read the 3rd one (the swordtip) just fine, and that was a new entry for me, too. This was the first time i used spearfishing in that particular PC reboot, so maybe it fetched garbage data from somewhere. Who knows?
    It doesn’t effect anything as far as i can tell, but something is obviously not quite working right.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!
    Yes, this is a known issue. And you’re correct, it does not affect anything beyond output log.

It happens when you hover mouse cursor over an item in the game.
    We haven’t found an easy solution to this issue, therefore it’s classified as low priority bug. But if many users consider it annoying, we will remove the names output completely until the solution is found.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.