Some questions about Assist and healing…

Forum Forums Discussion Some questions about Assist and healing…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Korrel Korrel 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator

Does it work well in normal roulettes (normal / hard dungeons) with varying levels?

Does it heal and DPS effectively with minimal human input?

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    7+

Yes, Healing with Miqo assist works well. In fact, Miqo is an amazing healer for dungeons (both leveling and Expert) as she can target anyone in the party instantaneously and take care of their haling needs. For example, say you’re a SCH. Miqo is spamming her Broils, and a DPS messes up and gets hit by a mechanic. Miqo can (and will) weave a Lustrate onto that player if you have the stacks and not miss a beat keeping the GCD rolling. For minimal human input, you’ll want to go with White Mage, though it goes without saying you get greater results with more human interaction. Once you get comfortable with Miqo and get a feel for how her algorithms work for healing, you might even have fun taking her into Extremes and then Savage content. While it should be stated that Miqo is not and will never be optimal for Savage, in reality and all practicality she is totally great for Savage. It just takes a bit of getting used to her thought processes and knowing when to use certain skills yourself, which comes with learning the fights. I’m not sure exactly what Job you’re wanting to use Miqo with to heal, but here are some helpful stuff from my own usage of her in casual and raid content.

White Mage
    Miqo is pretty much good to go from level 1 to 80 with White Mage. All of the skills are supported and she will use them when appropriate. The only quirk she has is using an Afflatus spell when she already has a full Blood Lily, thus wasting potentially 300 potency in damage in a fight by overcapping. But if you’re taking her into content where that matters then I assume by then you’re used to handling her and will prevent that from happening anyway.

Scholar:
    Scholar is a bit wonky depending on the level. Not all skills up to level 80 are supported, but you can easily get around that with some Macros – I’ll share mine below (I use Miqo to heal with both SCH and AST in Savage, clearing all 12 Eden floors, so Miqo is 100% capable of helping you clear and farm it.)
    For most content I keep Physick off of my hotbar completely, since as a real player you pretty much never want to use Physick as a SCH; you want to maximize OGCD heal usage and use your GCD’s to anticipate/mitigate upcoming heavy damage. So without Physick, Miqo will Adlo and Succor when appropriate, and prioritize Lustrates/Indomitability to keep your tank and party healed. Paired with Recitation, which allows you to use an Aetherflow Stack spell without the usage of a stack, Miqo rarely ever wants for stacks to heal, and if she does then there’s always Dissipation in a pinch (assuming your Seraph has more than 30 secs left on its CD.) However, if you’re level sync’d to level 44 or below, you will definitely need Physick on your bar, since you may not have the MP to sustain only using Adlo to heal without Aetherflow/Lustrate. But other than that, it’s not needed on your bar at all IMHO.

SCH Macros:
    (Just remember, if you use these macros to replace the ” with actual quotation marks; I just can’t use them on this forum so I have to replace them to show up on here :P)

Indomitability:
    /micon ”Indomitability”
    /merror off
    /ac ”Recitation” <t>
    /ac ”Indomitability” <t>

Excogitation:
    /micon ”Excogitation”
    /merror off
    /ac ”Recitation”
    /ac ”Excogitation” <t>

Whispering Dawn:
    /micon ”Whispering Dawn”
    /merror off
    /ac ”Fey Blessing”
    /ac ”Summon Seraph”
    /ac ”Consolation”
    /ac ”Whispering Dawn”

Astrologian:
    If you’re going to take a healer into Savage with Miqo, then try out Astro, though do note she is more hands on than the previous two since AST has more situational skills that you don’t really just blow when you need to (like Horoscope.) With Miqo handling the cards she really turns Astro into a raid buffing powerhouse. Lightspeed on a 90 sec CD also means that you pretty much always have the ability to handle raid wide damage (and mess ups) and with Miqo constantly keeping the cards rolling and popping Lucid Dreaming you never have MP issues on AST. Keep in mind that Miqo does not use Earthly Star, and it’s so situational that you should be the only one using it when you need it, so I don’t recommend Macroing it to any other skill. These are really the only two Macros I use for AST:

Aspected Benefic:
    /micon ”Aspected Benefic”
    /merror off
    /ac ”Celestial Intersection” <t>
    /ac ”Aspected Benefic” <t>

Helios: – The way this one works is simple, Miqo only uses Helios over Aspected Helios when everything has gone to shit, and therefore if it’s all got to shit you’ll probably want to pop Neutral Sect anyway 😛 But if you want to hold onto Neutral Sect yourself then you don’t even need this macro.

/micon ”Helios”
    /merror off
    /ac ”Neutral Sect”
    /ac ”Helios”

I hope this helps, and if this didn’t actually answer anything for you then sorry for wasting space on your thread ^^;

a
    Participant

Neutral Sect doesnt affect Helios tho?

also in regard to “healing” then the answer is yes, miqo will keep everyone alive and well
    in some cases, better than average humans (having flashbacks for when healers failed to heal and let me die ;; )
    ive been using miqo for my AST and tbh sometimes i cant follow what its doing lol

Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator

Yes, Healing with Miqo assist works well…

Wow, thanks for the amazingly detailed answer, I look forward to trying it out tomorrow.

spellure
    Participant

Yes, Healing with Miqo assist works well.

Wow you’re amazing, thank you!

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    1+

Neutral Sect doesnt affect Helios tho?

True, but Miqo uses certain spells at certain party hp pool percentages. So, after casting a Helios to get the party up to a certain threshold, she will almost always immediately use an Aspected Helios, which is of course affected by Neutral Sect. But beyond that, in the technical sense, Neutral Sect does affect all healing spells since it is also a 20% healing buff, ergo the ”everything’s gone to shit” button if things have gotteb that bad and you don’t plan to use it for any mechanic cheesing XD

Korrel
    Korrel
    Participant

Thanks for the extensive reply. I was wondering why there are so many /ac in one macro? (Sorry I’m totally new at this). For example you typed:

Whispering Dawn:
    /micon ”Whispering Dawn”
    /merror off
    /ac ”Fey Blessing”
    /ac ”Summon Seraph”
    /ac ”Consolation”
    /ac ”Whispering Dawn”

Would you mind explaining why you listed skills such as fey blessing / summon seraph / consolation and then whispering dawn? I’m extremely confused haha.

Thanks again for the help

Edit 1: Is it still necessary now that level 80 skills have been added to the rotation?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Korrel Korrel.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Edit 1: Is it still necessary now that level 80 skills have been added to the rotation?

Its not necessary. Miqo uses everything now.

Korrel
    Korrel
    Participant

Thank you Lyfox. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.