Some doubts i have about miqo

Forum Forums Discussion Some doubts i have about miqo

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by jimjankins jimjankins 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

soyelbts
    Participant
    1+

Hi first of all i have been playing ff xiv for 3 years now clocking 3600 hours and i really love this game.

Lately i’ve been having thoughts about how i really despise gathering and crafting, its just something that always burns me out of the game and that it feels pretty important but i just cant get into although i have all of them lvled, its primarily because it makes me feel like i lose a lot of time and the reward is not very meaningful, something i dont feel with savage and ultimate because its something very fun and rewarding at the end. Now with my introduction my questions about miqobot are:

– Is it really safe to use? I really dont wanna lose all the love and time i have put into this game, i know if you obviously put a bot 6 hours doing the same thing someone will come and report you but i really wanna hear people that had time with the bot to tell me their experience overall in this matter
    – Is it difficult to use? Honestly i dont wanna worry about making lots of coding and all that and break my head to make stuff work, but maybe if i like it i will end up enjoying doing these types of things

– Do you recommend me to use it after all i told you?

Thank you guys, probably i could have informed myself better about this but with work i dont have much time on my own nor in ff xiv so sorry!

DAL41123
    Participant

Ive been using miqo for over a year now. its really about how you use it. If you are really conservative anyone who reports you are going to look fruitless and frivolous. If you are extremely liberal with its use and being very careless. Ultimately its still risk/reward. the majority of the game the risk is your time, the reward is whatever you are working towards. Rewards generally are slow and minimal, throw in a bot like this or any bot for that matter, the risk gets significantly higher, but the reward is you end up with a well rounded character, the ability to participate in all forms and content the game has to offer.

Dodger
    Participant
    2+

I’ve been using for about a year now and I find it very useful. I use the combat assist while running dungeons and savage content and my parsing numbers are constantly at the top of the party. I’ll use the fishing module when I’m need to gather a specific fish for some crafting or quest. I do use it for gathering, however I’m not leaving it unattended. It can do the job faster and removes the repetitiveness of gathering and I’m able to intervene if there is a problem. I have found Miqobot enhances my gameplay and does allow me to enjoy other aspects of the game that I normally would not get involved with.

luluna
    Participant

What are you hoping to get out of Miqobot? You mentioned that you don’t have a lot of time outside of work – even with Miqobot, you would still need to generally monitor your automated activities. With limited time like yours, I imagine that whenever you’re playing Ff14, you prefer to be playing as opposed to passively watching your character gather?

If all your jobs are leveled up, besides gathering (and crafting after the solver has been updated), I’m not sure what Miqobot offers you. Is that worth the risk?

Do note that people will likely notice, especially if you’re in a small FC or a small group of online friends.

mikoto
    Participant
    1+

Its a bot, no matter what anybody tells you its never going to be 100%

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Alright, so I’ll give you my experience and a few details about me.

First of all, I’m just a moderator here because have a hand for organizing stuff and because I volunteered for the job, since I really like Miqobot, the community and everything. Aside from that fancy title and the permission to organize the index threads I’m just as much as a fellow Miqobot user like everyone else here.

– Is it really safe to use? I really dont wanna lose all the love and time i have put into this game, i know if you obviously put a bot 6 hours doing the same thing someone will come and report you but i really wanna hear people that had time with the bot to tell me their experience overall in this matter

I also put years of love into my character. On my character I have almost every mogstation item, I’ve collected every seasonal reward from the last couple of years, hell, even the Yo-kai Watch mounts. So you can guess, my character is very important to me and I wouldn’t put it at stake, if I wasn’t sure, that Miqobot is safe.

So far I have received one 3-day ban a long time ago, because I’ve been MGP farming during a make it rain event for a whole weekend 24/3, which was the most retarded thing I could have done. Other than that I never got any other issues, even though I’ve often been grinding stuff over night (just not in obvious locations).

So yes, it is 99% safe. As long as you use it safely, you will not risk any bans or anything. Just make sure to have at least one eye on the bot for the most time.

– Is it difficult to use? Honestly i dont wanna worry about making lots of coding and all that and break my head to make stuff work, but maybe if i like it i will end up enjoying doing these types of things

It isn’t. Most of it is either just press the start button or download a grid/scenario from the forum, import it once and then press the start button.
    You can “code” scenarios or create gathering grids yourself, but there is already a sheer number of scenarios out there on the forums, as well as gathering grids for basically anything you can gather in the game. Here is where you look for them:

Gathering Grids: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-gathering-grids/
    Scenarios: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-scenarios/

You’ll see that everything is easy to find.

– Do you recommend me to use it after all i told you?

Yes, I definitely do. You will love it. Considering how low the price per month is, compared to other bots, this bot offers you so incredibly much.
    For RMT Gil-Sellers this bot isn’t that nice, but for normal players it’s fantastic. It is specifically designed with your average player as target audience and compared to other bots, where you have to pay extra for each module, it costs almost nothing

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    3+

I’m gonna add one thing to what people already said, I’ve been using Miqobot almost every day since I think 4 years now, and I think that you might have guessed something when you said:“Honestly i dont wanna worry about making lots of coding and all that and break my head to make stuff work, but maybe if i like it i will end up enjoying doing these types of things”

I think, that you might find Miqobot fun to manage, you didn’t like the FFXIV grinds with its gathering, you might like to create grids, and set up scenarios so that Miqobot does the grinding, while you have a bit of fun managing it.

Other than that, if you follow some common sense rules, if you always make sure to be very discreet, and keep an eye on the bot, your account won’t be put into jeopardy.

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant

Been using Miqobot for over two years.

I follow these two rules: I never leave it running unattended, and I pause combat assist when exiting a duty so I dont perform any actions the instant I teleport back into the game world.

No bans or warnings yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.