Small PLD Fix till update

Forum Forums Discussion Small PLD Fix till update

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Pain Pain 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Miqo does awesome work with the combat, but PLD needs Prominence combo for MP regen (especially if your healer is bad and you have to spam Clemancy) and its not currently part of the rotation in the bot so here is the macro i have been using.

/micon "Total Eclipse"
    /macrolock
    /ac "Total Eclipse" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Prominence"

Just put the macro on your bar, replacing the normal Total Eclipse skill, and you are good to go.

Just thought i would share.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Prominence is implemented in Miqobot v1.3.27.

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Prominence is implemented in Miqobot v1.3.27.

Much appreciated. If you could sneak in Riot Blade -> Royal Authority -> Atonement on next update that would be awesome.

I am not sure if riot blade -> Royal Authority is broken atm or simply not implimented, it doesnt ever seem to proc for me. Pld just always does fast blade -> riot blade, repeat.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, we will see what we can do.

Would you please clarify the issue with Royal Authority?
    Do you mean that the icon on your hotbar is not highlighted during combo when it should?

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

The icon on my hotbar is highlighted(has the dotted border around the edge of it), indicating it can be used, but the bot never uses it.

I can hit the key and use Royal Authority manually at the right time, but that is inconvenient because i am fighting against the bot at that point.

When i try and make a macro of it, the bot keeps cutting the macro short before it executes the Royal Authority part of the macro.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Royal Authority is supposed to be used after Goring Blade when the DoT has at least 4 seconds left.

Would you please clarify, have you removed Gorind Blade from your hotbar?
    And if so, what was the reason behind this decision?

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Goring Blade was removed, yes.

Both Goring Blade and Royal Authority combo with Riot Blade

Goring blade has a potency of 390 and does DoT and ends there.

Royal Authority has a potency of 550 and gives Sword Oath with the new expansion which allows use of Atonement which also has a potency of 550 and restores MP.

With the new combat system of PLD, you now have 4 skills that use 2000mp each. You only have 10000mp total. So, getting MP back quick is important now.

Edit: i will be adding goring blade back since i now know it is what was braking the chain of events with the bot.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Pain Pain.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Pain Pain.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Understood.
    We will make adjustments to allow removal of Goring Blade.

We are not yet ready to discuss theorycrafting of level 80 rotations in details, but we would recommend to confirm your calculations in practice. According to our data, Goring Blade has 1,231.25 potency under the effect of Fight or Flight, therefore removing it would be a DPS loss.

Regardless, your request is accepted. Thank you very much!

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant
    1+

Goring Blade was removed, yes.

Both Goring Blade and Royal Authority combo with Riot Blade

Goring blade has a potency of 390 and does DoT and ends there.

Royal Authority has a potency of 550 and gives Sword Oath with the new expansion which allows use of Atonement which also has a potency of 550 and restores MP.

With the new combat system of PLD, you now have 4 skills that use 2000mp each. You only have 10000mp total. So, getting MP back quick is important now.

Edit: i will be adding goring blade back since i now know it is what was braking the chain of events with the bot.

Goring Blade is one of the most important skills in your Rotation, that’s why on level 80 you want to get 2 Goring Blades into 1 Fight or Flight with the right amount of SkS.
    You get 390+595 Potency out of 1 GCD. It’s also notable that Goring Blade’s DoT profits from Fight or Flight for the entire DoT duration, even if FoF ends 1 second later.
    Of course it’s use isn’t so much in Open World Content when the mobs fall quickly.

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

It’s also notable that Goring Blade’s DoT profits from Fight or Flight for the entire DoT duration, even if FoF ends 1 second later.

According to our data, Goring Blade has 1,231.25 potency under the effect of Fight or Flight, therefore removing it would be a DPS loss.

I actually didn’t know that FoF applied to the DoT of goring blade. Thank you, that does change things significantly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.