Slight Problem

Forum Forums Discussion Slight Problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  staticecho 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

staticecho
    Participant

Its not that big of an issue but I’d at least like to know if I am the only person getting it, whenever I close miqobot my computer seems to delete the main application and I have to re-download it if i want to run it again, all my settings and license stay perfectly fine though.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Most likely, it’s your antivirus being overly paranoid. Try adding Miqobot application to whitelist 🙂
    More information at the bottom of our FAQ (last question): https://miqobot.com/#faq

Mochi
    Mochi
    Participant

Doesn’t happen to me so it seems like it’s just you.

staticecho
    Participant
    1+

Im going to keep looking but its really weird… I dont think its my antivirus because then it would delete the program right after I downloaded it, not after I closed it for the first time, also the other weird thing is that when I go to redownload it it says I dont have permission to download it to wherever the last download location was so I have to download it to a new spot on my computer and move all the files over to that new spot for it to work for the one use.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Each antivirus behaves differently. It may actually scan only the running executables while ignoring downloads. It may be not an antivirus exactly but something else. Anyway, there’s definitely an external program involved.

There’s a tool called Process Monitor: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx
    It can show you literally everything that happens on your computer, including info about who made that happen. It may look like a lot of chaos at first, but it’s very easy to setup. From the Menu Bar on top, select Filter -> Filter… (or press Ctrl+L). In this case we would need a filter like this:

Path contains miqobot_v1.2.3.exe then Include

Press Add, then Apply, and look carefully at Process Name column. You should see Exporer.exe, svchost.exe – those are ok. Watch for something suspicious accessing Miqobot’s EXE after you close it.
    Let us know what you find, and we’ll think what to do next 🙂

staticecho
    Participant

alright thanks! im going to do this right now.

staticecho
    Participant

apparently somebody had downloaded AVG onto my pc without even telling me -.- after a bit of searching I found it and uninstalled it. wouldn’t have even known if it wasn’t for that process moniter application you referred me to. thanks alot!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by  staticecho.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Slight Problem’ is closed to new replies.