Sightseeing Log question

Forum Forums Discussion Sightseeing Log question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

So since now we have 60s cooldown on sprint it’s unbelievably frustrating to get to sightseeing log #9 (the one in the leatherworker guild). I wanted to ask if there’s a way to make miqobot do a perfect jump to that spot via sprint-jumping, since I’m trying to reach that spot for 6 hours now without any success…

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Try lowering your FPS: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6ic4f5/sightseeing_log_9/
    I remember doing this some time ago and it worked.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

I can only lower it to 36 fps and then I keep getting jump delays where my character jumps about .1 seconds after I press jump instead of instantly :/

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Youre right. It doesnt work anymore. Just tried it and failed many times myself. Seems like theyve changed the physics engine in 4.0 and theres no way around that. That sucks.
    Anyway i dont think Miqo can help. Jumping puzzles in this game are random and annoying. With the same key combination you will get different results each time. Unless you inject some code to alter the physics theres nothing left to do. Btw found a bug report at official forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/340945-Sightseeing-Log-009-%28Leatherworkers-Guild%29-Impossible-to-Reach-in-4.x
    But its been moved to Unable to Verify. Guess it wont be fixed anytime soon.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

You can probably alter your character coordinates with CE to cheat through.

reimuhakurei
    Participant

I finished working on the ARR logs yesterday and I can confirm that limiting your FPS to 30 works wonders. I spent half an hour trying to get #9 at uncapped FPS. After limiting it to 30 FPS, I got it first try. Same with #48 and #39.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

How do I limit my game to 30 FPS? I can only limit it to 144 / 72 / 36 fps, but not to flat 30 fps and with 36 fps I’ve tried it for 2 hours without any success.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

It depends on base framerate of your monitor. If you had 60 fps as base you would be able to go 60/30/15. Seems like this stuff is hardware dependent. I did it last year without problems but now i cant make this jump as well. While Reimuhakurei says it still works.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Too bad. I only got a 144Hz monitor so I can’t set it to 30 fps ingame. Square should really look into this and try to make that jump themselves. I’ve been trying to make it for 10 hours in total now and it seems to be impossible. Farthest point I reached so far was the outermost corner of the big tanning rack and my char starts glitching down the rack instantly locked in the jumping animation until he reaches the ground -_-

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

You can set up your monitor to pretty much whatever frequency you want. In the control panel of NVIDIA or ATI, set it to the classic 60 Hz, then in FFXIV you’ll have new options, including the 30 FPS one.
    You can also set your monitor directly to 30 Hz.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.