Shadowbringers

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

After some reveals concerning battlechanges.

What du you think? Will the changes (for example the skiping of TP) be a Problem for Miqo?

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    3+

In my own humble opinion…

It really depends on how drastic the changes are and how much of the new rotations and skills line up with what’s already been worked on with Miqo. J ust from what we know, Miqo’s combat features will be down for at least a little while. I mean, half of the jobs are being completely overhauled, while only a handful are getting simple skill additions and minor changes (or ‘simple’ evolutions as the live letter stated.) But, for example, Summoner’s entire kit has been rebuilt, and Machinist is basically a new job. Tanks have entire new skills worked into their kit, even from the 1-50 range (AoE combos, for example: PLD has total Eclipse earlier, and gets what APPEARS to be the second part of the AoE combo, Prominence, at level 40. DRK also gets “Edge of Darkness”, a new skill at 40 now as well, and there’s no info on what it even does or how it’s utilized.) Even RDM is having early skills reworked, as one of the live letter tooltips showed the new AoE version of Veraero was going to be unlocked at Lv.22. AST’s card system is totally new, Pets have been completely reworked (no more pet bar, pet actions now a part of player spell repertoire), and so on and so on. It’s a massive overhaul of the battle system beyond just tossing TP, and Miqo’s team, while probably not having to start *completely* from scratch, will have a lot of work ahead of them in the second half of this year. Bear in mind, they are fans and players themselves, and therefore still need time to beat and level all the jobs up themselves (form 70-80 at least), wait and test out rotations (as nothing will be set yet in the community concerning optimization) and such. There’s a chance that once the embargo is lifted on the 29th that the release of all the skill information could give the team a head-start at approaching how to tweak the skills already implemented in Miqo’s AI, but until they can get hands-on experience with how the skills interact themselves anything can change from the media tour build to launch.

TL;DR – Enjoy the combat assist for all it’s worth now while you can. Miqo’s combat features will most likely be down longer than we all want, but it’s simply necessary and there’s no getting around it. It sucks, but all we can do is support the team (keep those subs up and shout out some encouragement here in the forums!) and give them the time they need to get it all sorted. If we get updated up to the Lv.60 job rotations before ShB launch, then I’ll consider that a bonus and just have fun with it for as long as I can. That’s my 2 cents on the subject, anyway…

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

Maybe we can agree on a Job wich will be fixed with priority f.e. Bard, who will probably have only slight changes so we can use the assist mode a Little earlier.

And than miqo works on a Job to Job base.

I liked what Miqo did with the Crafting -Solver when Stormblood came out. They worked on the unbelievable good Version we have now, but put up a simplier Version until everything was Ready, The simplier Version thow was perfect for the leveling process. i hope they do the same in Shadowbringers with crafting and Fighting.

I think before 5.1 or 5.2 we do not Need the perfect versions.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Maybe we can agree on a Job wich will be fixed with priority f.e. Bard, who will probably have only slight changes so we can use the assist mode a Little earlier.

As much as I would love to see BRD ready first, BRD is not one of the job that will just get simple evolutions, while not being one completely remade, it’s part of the ones half redone.

While they skipped it entirely in PLL, you can still get something from the Job Trailer.

Troubadour was used before anything else, that BRD used Bloodletter twice without job gauge blinking for it, so no Bloodletter reset, and maybe they put their new Charged Action on an oGCD here, which would be awesome.
    Refulgent Arrow is also used without having used Heavy Shot to proc it.
    There’s of course new skills, an AoE poison one, maybe with DoT, another fancy line one we don’t know, and then things that seem didn’t changed, Empyreal Arrow and Pitch Perfect stacks on Minuet.

Maybe the smartest thing would be to give up on another update for Miqobot in SB, and to let Miqo team start working from all skill actions that will get “leaked” next week.

Sandmanftw
    Sandmanftw
    Participant

I better level up the few 3-4 jobs I have left. Now is a good time until combat assist gets worked on after the release of Shadowbringers. Thanks bringing these things up guys.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I better level up the few 3-4 jobs I have left.

Out of curiosity: is there any sane reason for doing it other than the obvious “for fucks and laughs”? I mean, by this time ppl should have probably figured out which 1-2(-3?) DoW/DoM classes are best/fastest at grinding stuff out of mobs, so why bother to level up the rest? Well ok, a class you like to play, maybe two or even three of them (preferred tank, heal and dps), plus a class for bot farm, but why more?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    3+

I better level up the few 3-4 jobs I have left.

Out of curiosity: is there any sane reason for doing it other than the obvious “for fucks and laughs”? I mean, by this time ppl should have probably figured out which 1-2(-3?) DoW/DoM classes are best/fastest at grinding stuff out of mobs, so why bother to level up the rest? Well ok, a class you like to play, maybe two or even three of them (preferred tank, heal and dps), plus a class for bot farm, but why more?

You seem to forget we arent here exlusively for botting/making gil reasons. Most of us here are regular players that enjoy the game and use miqo on the side to help out with some of the tedious grinds. Most people enjoy playing different jobs as opposed to sticking to “whats best for farming”.
    else to do until ShB :/

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Most people enjoy playing different jobs as opposed to sticking to “whats best for farming”.

Playing manually, you mean? I wonder how do you remember skill rotations for each of dozen DoW/DoM jobs o_O I personally have troubles switching between my char and my GF’s char (two different dps classes)…

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Each job is unique experience and its a lot of fun to master them.
    And Miqo has assist mode.

Sandmanftw
    Sandmanftw
    Participant

I like having all of my jobs max level incase I feel like playing a different one from time to time and to be honest with you Gray it is mostly for search edit info and bragging rights even if I did not manually level most of them.The good thing is most jobs share the same gear and I only have to worry about weapons.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Sandmanftw Sandmanftw.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Sandmanftw Sandmanftw.

zylo1010
    Participant

I’m on my last 3 to 70 now. Been saving brd for last cuz it’s gonna be my new main (most likely) because of the reviews on how it handles in combat. But I always have rdm and blm to fall back on till I learn it properly if I don’t get there by shadowbringers.

Arc
    Arc

I wonder how do you remember skill rotations for each of dozen DoW/DoM jobs o_O I personally have troubles switching between my char and my GF’s char (two different dps classes)…

I have all jobs at 70 and I have no problem remembering all rotations, since they all follow a logical pattern: Apply your buffs, apply your DoTs, then do damage. I know all skills and what they do, so I do the rotations on the fly. The only thing you might need some time to memorize is the optimal opener for raiding, but that’s just 15 minutes of practice at a training dummy and then you’re good to go.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.