Scripting Custom Combat Scenarios question

Forum Forums Discussion Scripting Custom Combat Scenarios question

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by malarkey malarkey 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Much Thicc
    Participant

Hey there,

I’ve been using Miqobot for a few weeks now and I’ve been going through its features. One thing I’ve been having trouble figuring out is how to make custom scripts for combat. Given that the 3D radar already seems to have most scenarios mapped out on its grid, I was wondering what I would need to do to, for example, map out alexander runs for unsynced fights. I’ve already made a navigation map, but haven’t found a way for Miqo to stop and fight like we normally would in a squadron run, where our toon responds in real time to AoE attacks and engages in treasure chests. I’ve enabled the ability to see all nodes (like enemies and chests) in the 3d Radar, but couldn’t find a way to engage with them in the navigation editor

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Much Thicc.
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Yeah, that’s not actually possible currently. Miqo can do combat assist to fight things for you, but there’s not yet a way to make a scenario pause for combat. The best you can currently do is have Miqo move to the aggro point, then have the scenario pause for a while so combat assist can take care of the enemies, and repeat that for each major point.

Caveat: I’ve never tried this, I’m not sure if CA actually works with scenarios.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Assist Mode is not designed for automatic activities, therefore it is not available in Scenario Engine.
    The feature you ask about belongs to Custom fights and Monster grind feature pack. The combat system is still in early beta and there are several critical updates that must be implemented before this feature becomes possible.

In addition, Miqobot will not be able to perform raid mechanics until we manually implement each of them in Miqobot source code. So this feature will not allow you to farm Alexander raids out of the box.

malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

Currently there is no way to call combat assist in a scenario.

If you are wanting Miqo to run instances she doesn’t have in the squadrons drop-down then you will need to manually make a navigation grid and have key() commands to repeat attacks until things are dead. If you can time everything correctly you could even have Miqo move out of mechanics that are predictably timed.

It’s a lot of work and probably a good portion of why it takes a long time to get a supported dungeon added.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

I just meant having CA turned on and unpaused while a scenario is running to handle the movement from place to place. I’m not sure if starting a scenario is allowed while CA is active, like how you can’t start gather/craft functions until you turn CA off.

malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

No this isn’t currently possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.