Scenarios and Gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Scenarios and Gathering

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nyancat 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jedahdemon
    Participant

So I’ve noticed that a lot of Scenarios (either created by people or by Miqo Crafter) will have stuff for gathering where it lists at the end of the step how many of an item to gather. Like if a recipe requires 32 Copper Ore it will be set to 32. The problem I’m seeing is that Miqobot translates this not to how many ore to gather, but how many nodes to gather from so rather than only gathering 32 ore and moving to the next you end up wasting a lot of time and space on extra nodes.

Is there a way to fix this? Either within the scenario or in a setting somewhere I didn’t think to look?

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

The problem there is that nodes don’t always give you 4 of an item. Sometimes you get increased yield, sometimes you get an extra gather attempt, and whether you can use skills (and which skills you use) also affect things, not to mention the possibility of not having a 100% success chance to harvest a given item. Yes, Miqo could – if it was implemented – stop gathering once you picked up a certain count of something, though you could never guarantee you wouldn’t go over, but that’d be more to support when the game updates.

In the meantime, use Teamcraft to get notified when you hit your threshold, and either approximate your gather node count or just do what I do and set node count to 1000 and store or sell the extra.

nyancat
    Participant

I use the Scenario Maker’s “Nb item per node” to conservatively approximate how many nodes to gather.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.