Scenario Question regarding Weather and Diadem Special Mats

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Scenario Question regarding Weather and Diadem Special Mats

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Krude 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant

@Miqobot:
    This thread is related to Phase 2 of Ishgard Restoration.
    With the arrival of Patch 5.31, it is outdated.

Question for people who know alot about Scenarios and if this is possible.

Background:
    I currently have a Scenario I setup with a grid that goes to the 4 Special Umbral locations with the special nodes that pop up dependent on weather.

It’s really simple right now, and basically selects the grid/gathering preset, goes to a waypoint I have to manually edit dependent on the weather, gathers once, then has a key press combo to exit diadem and rejoin diadem with a RepeatAll(10) at the end.

Basically it allows me to keep farming the special mats for a weather cycle vs me having to do it manually, so I can do other stuff for that 15 minute cycle or however long its up.

Issue:
    I want to expand this scenario using something like GoodWeather() / SkipBadWeather() to go to one of the 4 waypoints dependent on the weather, or just cycle through the scenario and start from the beginning if there is no Umbral Weather. Basically almost like an IF statement.

The main issue I’m having is that SkipBadWeather() has a workfor default of 1 minute which pretty much makes it useless for this instance (If Umbral Levin is the 5th chapter it goes through the 3 other Umbral weathers first for 1 minute each which cuts into farming time).

Is there something that would instantly check the next chapter if the weather isn’t what I want so I could set this up as a self-sustaining cycle?

Thanks.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

If you use truth in gathering settings Miqo will go to the correct waypoint herself whenever it pops on the map. A single gathering preset is enough since the rotation is the same and you can use gather by name to select a slot. And you actually need only two chapters – one for miner and one for botanist. So the delay will be 1 minute only. Is this good enough?

job(MIN)
    goodWeather(Umbral Flare)
    goodWeather(Umbral Levin)
    skipBadWeather()
    gather(1)

job(BTN)
    goodWeather(Umbral Tempest)
    goodWeather(Umbral Duststorm)
    skipBadWeather()
    gather(1)

If there was a function to autoselect the job depending on the current weather you could make it in a single chapter. If i understand correctly its the only missing piece of the puzzle. Miqo team is working on gathering updates right now so maybe you can ask them to implement it in the next update.

Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant

Ah interesting, didn’t think about Truth, good call. I’ll try it out, thanks!

If it works well I’ll share it in this thread as well.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Strife025 Strife025.

Krude
    Participant

If you get a working scenario for all 4 green Diadem mats, i’m versy much interested, cause i’m currently looking for exactly that.

Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant

Here you go, it’s not super efficient because of the wait time, so it’s probably only going to get 3 cycles in each window.

Just planning on using it to get the achievement, but if you need actual mats there’s more efficient ways to just buy them and sell other stuff for gil.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Krude
    Participant

I’ve been running this for a while but it turned out to be rather fragile. If you ever landed outside during the scenario, chapter 4 would just be lost on the duty finder instead of getting you back into the Diadem. And if the scenario detected a good weather and went to the node to gather, but the weather (and node) ran out on the way there, it ended up stuck near the weather node search ing for it until the character is disconnected for being afk. (which leads to problem 1).

I’ve put in some safe guards to avoid these problems. If Miqo detecs good weather when entering the zone, she’ll only try to gather the node for the next 5 minutes to avoid getting booted out for AFKing. And if she ever does land outside the diadem while the script is running, i’ve included a job change which closes any errant windows still open that confuse her when she’s trying to go back into the diadem.

You might need to change the first line in chapter 4 to whatever key you use for the duty finder window, and adjust the afkFor(00:00:10) lines to cover your loading times if they’re longer.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Krude.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.