Scenario Command Request

Forum Forums Discussion Scenario Command Request

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

YandeRainy
    Participant

Just thinking of some commands that may be nice for scenarios, Mostly random commands, with the intention of making them less repeatable and more difficult to track.

AfkUntilRange(XX:XXET-XX:XXET)

Would choose a random time between two values before continuing. Mostly for collecting unspoiled or Ephemeral nodes, mimicking something like reacting to a timer.

Example Usage

afkUntilRange(00:00ET-01:25)
    teleport(Helix)
    gatherPreset(Adamantite)

job(MIN)
    grid(Adamantite)
    randomWaypoint(8,9)
    gather(1)

gridRandom(GridX,GridY,GridZ)

Perhaps a bit redundant, but the idea is to shake up how the player moves around the gathering area every so often to avoid suspicion.

Example Usage

//Mythrite Sand
    gridRandom(Mythrite Sand x, Mythrite Sand Y, Mythrite Sand Z)
    gather(5)

repeatChapter(16)
    repair()

Chime()

Miqo plays a sound. The idea is to put it before certain specific parts of a sequence if you want your attention to specifically be called to something. Maybe if you have an unspoiled scenario with a lot of AFK spots, for example, and want your attention brought back to the screen when Miqo is about to teleport.

Optionally, allow several different types of noises, and allow arguments for the type of sound.

Example Usage

//Darksteel Ore
    afkUntil(1:00ET)
    Chime()
    teleport(Camp Dragonhead)
    gatherPreset(darksteel+gold)

job(MIN)
    grid(Darksteel)
    randomWaypoint(7,8,9)
    gather(1)

gatherAmount(Item, #)
    gatherUntilAmount(Item, #)

Two parts of a similar idea. The current Gather command uses a number of nodes to determine how long to gather for. Instead, this would gather based on how much of that item is in the specified inventory. For example, if I were planning to craft a lot of items for scrips and wanted a certain amount of materials on hand, I could set it to either gather a set number of that item, or set it to check until the amount in my inventory equals the target, if I have some on hand already. While a workaround would be to simply do the math on how much you’d gather per node, this would only be a flat number, and could vary if gathering probability is not 100%
    Also, this could be helpful in the sense of tracking things like hidden items, or wanting a certain number of HQ items.

This could be a trickier implementation, but since inventory items can be displayed on the hotbar, I wonder if Miqo could read from that.

Example Usage

//Aloe
    teleport(Little Ala Mhigo)
    gatherPreset(aloe+)

job(BTN)
    grid(Aloe+)
    waypoint(17)
    gatherUntilAmount(Aloe, 297)

repair()

That’s all that come to mind. I know some requests are more feasible than others, but I’m curious to see if anyone else thinks there’s merit to having commands like these. Or, if there’s workarounds people use.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  YandeRainy.
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

I already suggested a random math function in one of my earlier posts for just this reason. I don’t think people get it. You need to eliminate suspicion wherever, and having small bits of random time between stuff would help. Even if you randomly chose a set number of times that you randomly picked, it is still the same pattern and thus not really random. So a math function is needed. The function needs to take into account a random seed as well within it’s function or it will choose the same random pattern (depends on the programming language I guess). Something I learned while programming in AutoIt3.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Of course, Scenario Engine is still in Beta stage and there are many improvements planned, including location and time randomization.
    We will be working on new scenario functions after we complete the core Combat system.

Thank you for your request!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.