Scenario Chapter randomization | Variables, If statements

Forum Forums Discussion Scenario Chapter randomization | Variables, If statements

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SassyMolassy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

SassyMolassy
    Participant

Hello! First time poster, long time user.

I was wondering if there was any way to add some form of gotoChapter(n) much in the same way goToRandomWaypoint(n) works.

Like say I have 3 chapters, and I want each Chapter to go to a random chapter after it’s completed, without being able to go back to itself.

Chapter 1: Play goldsaucer games for 30 minutes -> Go to random chapter (2,3)
    Chapter 2: Mine up Water shards -> Go to Random Chapter (1,3)
    Chapter 3: Run 2 Adventurer Squadron missions -> Go to random chapter (1,2)

If there was some form of if-then-else statements, along with global variables(per scenario), it would also make things much more robust in the Scenario department. You’d be able to have an array to stop from doing a random chapter more than once per set, amongst other things.

This is just something I’ve been thinking would be nice to have functionality wise. It could very well be too difficult to implement, and maybe I’m the only one wanting this sort of thing.. Just felt I should pass it on!

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

You can make something almost like random yourself by just copying your 3 chapters in a new ones in a random order, just do, for example, 20 of them ^^

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

We’ve had the request for variable and such show up a few times, they’ve mentioned it’s in the eventual todo list

SassyMolassy
    Participant

You can make something almost like random yourself by just copying your 3 chapters in a new ones in a random order, just do, for example, 20 of them ^^

Yeah I’ve already done stuff like this. It’s not hard when it’s 3 separate chapters, but when you add more it becomes quite unwieldy. Not to mention it’s not really ‘random’ anymore when it’s going through each chapter one after another.

We’ve had the request for variable and such show up a few times, they’ve mentioned it’s in the eventual todo list

Good to see I’m not the only one who would appreciate the functionality. I’ll put up with not having it for a while longer if it means we can get combat working better, no question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.