SAM – Higanbana Spam

Forum Forums Discussion SAM – Higanbana Spam

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know if this is intended behaviour, or if there’s a bug somewhere, but I was in an Alliance Raid as SAM, and during one of the bosses, all Miqo would do was spam Higanbana, even when there was 50+ seconds left on the timer.

I had to move to stop it from doing that, but then it seemed to resolve itself maybe a few minutes later.

The only possible explanation I could think of for it doing that was if Miqo somehow calculates Higanbana potency based on snapshots, but I find that highly unlikely that each successive cast would be an increase in potency.

Is there perhaps some kind of bug whereby if there are too many debuffs on a mob at the same time, Miqo is unable to parse its own debuffs, maybe due to something like an Array overflow?

Thanks.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting.
    Yes, this is a known issue. When many players attack the same target, the game can not display all active debuffs and sometimes it pushes your DoTs out of display. If Miqobot doesn’t see DoTs being applied, she ends up spamming them without any effect.

Vesterbro
    Participant

Hi

Would it not help to use the UI setting so it only shows debuffs you apply/inflict on target ?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Vesterbro.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, it may help in certain cases, but it’s still not guaranteed.
    The debuff list has a limit of 50 effects regardless of this setting. If the enemy has more than 50 debuffs at the same time, your own DoTs can still be pushed out from display, even when this setting is enabled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.