safety feature request

Forum Forums Discussion safety feature request

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dexter1912
    Participant

this is already implemented to a point…

last night, I ran the bot..like always while I watched Tv. BUT I fell asleep pretty fast. I turned it on with a gathering skill (wind ward) I didn’t have on the bar by accident. I set it to run and it was fine gathering (I had low GP ) I usually check back every 30 min or so. but as I was watching Tv,(TV not in same room) and then fell asleep like i said, It only gathered a few nodes until its GP got high enough and once it was able to use the ability it spent the next few hours with the node open spamming the ability and not gathering.

During this time I didn’t go afk, I didn’t gather and the bot didn’t kill-switch. I literally stood,node open. there looking totally like a bot and very dangerous to the account.

shouldn’t there by a failsafe that realizes after 5 min? that the ability isn’t available and skip it and keep gathering or kill switch, so it can afk at least?

edit: Did this as well when I was crafting the other day when I used a skill from another class. It spammed the ability for liked 20 minutes that it couldn’t use, rather than skipping it and using something else…or kill switching…so it could afk. Would make more sense right…I was in my house for this so I wasn’t so worried but still. This is the same problem that I think needs a safety feature implemented.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  dexter1912.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  dexter1912.

dexter1912
    Participant

still waiting for some kind of response to this. I think this glitch/ lack of feature might have got my account suspended

thanks

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Its unlikely to be suspended for simple afking. People like me have auto afk icon disabled so it never comes up. Somebody can only report you for botting not for afking. And even then there has to be proof like running 24 hours non stop. Do you leave it running for the night?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

All right, we will review the gathering and crafting algorithms and implement additional triggers for the kill switch.

Thank you for your request!

dexter1912
    Participant

don’t run it overnight.. I just fell asleep this time, next to computer, was like 4-5 hours. I run it alot usually , but move location every 2-3 hours to be safe.

I didn’t AFK. that’s the problem. (would of looked better I think) My character stood at the open node for 5 hours, mining pick in hand.. and didnt AFK because the bot kept trying to use an ability not on my bar and spammed it over and over again. Other players messaged me and invited me to groups.

The bot should of kill switched thereby allowing my character to at least get the AFK tag and not look so bad.

instead of appearing as if I fell asleep or actually was AFK…it was obvious I was a glitched bot. led to numerous people reporting me and I got my account suspended.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  dexter1912.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  dexter1912.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, your request is accepted.
    Thank you very much!

But even with the new triggers we will still recommend not to leave Miqobot unattended for an extended period of time.
    Especially in times and areas of high player congestion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.