Safe MGP farming via Out on a Limb at your own house?

Forum Forums Discussion Safe MGP farming via Out on a Limb at your own house?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant

Hey Miqobot devs – You can purchase Out on a Limb (and Finer Miner) and put these minigames in your house. Then you can lock your house and farm 24/7 with no worries. Miqobot also works perfectly with the game. However, after finishing one instance of the game, she complains about not being in the minion square and doesn’t do any more. Can we get a hotfix to disable this behavior? Thank you!

(5:22:41 AM) I am bored of this game. Let's try another one :3
    (5:22:41 AM) This is not a Minion Square, take me there first!
    (5:22:47 AM) Stopping minigames...
    (5:22:47 AM) Minigames stopped.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are sorry, zone verification is implemented at several levels, so it’s not an easy thing to do. We will have to redesign the algorithms before it becomes possible. And it will require postponing other features in development.

It’s physically impossible to do it quickly.

IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. Thanks for responding though!

Arc
    Arc

Additionally, it’s not that much safer to grind out on a Limb in your house than it is in the Gold Saucer, because that’s one of the things Square keeps an eye out for. I heard that if you grind more than 12 hours in your house on Out of a Limb, you’re risking to get your account investigated.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

Also, reports suggest that it wouldn’t be a huge improvement over the minion square minigames either. People have been banned for botting the home minigame machines for too long without stopping or breaking for other things, suggesting that the server has some kind of watchdog implemented to check for botters trying to avoid needing to operate in the public areas. So you’d still have to have breaks and possibly also move around or change activities, except then you wouldn’t be in a static and bot-navmeshed area, so either it would offer minimal improvement at best, or you’d have to set up a navgrid and probably a scenario to tell Miqobot how to go do something else – which you can already do with the minion square, so there’d be no improvement.

Personal recommendation: home minigames are illogical and you’re better off just doing it in the saucer; as always, bot responsibly and don’t leave it unattended.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.